Connected to Wifi but no internet access/data
jc82185
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot use the internet or use any apps that access the internet when connected to wifi. I connect successfully to an available wifi which works using other devices such as my computer but when trying to use the internet on my phone, it always times out and does not work. If I turn the wifi off and use my 4G LTE everything that wouldn't work before on wifi now does. I wanna use my wifi when available to save my data /since it now has a limit. I didn't change any wifi settings so I'm not sure if there if a settings im missing or what. Any thoughts on what might be causing this, or is anyone else experiencing the same problems? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connected to Wifi but no internet access/data
wiesky

Be sure when you're connected to your wifi that your device has obtained an IP address from your WAP. Also, be sure all authentications have successfully completed from your phone to your WAP. If other things (e.g., computer) connect successfully; it's not necessarily a problem with your phone or WAP in and of themselves; but it's how YOU'RE trying to connect them. If you're obtaining proper connectivity (i.e., obtaining a valid IP address, subnet, gateway, etc.); you should be able to access whatever the WAP is connected to.

0 Likes
techfanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

What device are u getting this on?

0 Likes
jc82185
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry this is happening on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2

0 Likes
FakeTraveler

I was having the same exact wifi connectivity issue for my Note 2 as well.  I spoke to a technician rep over the phone, since my 14 days return policy hasn't passed yet suggested me to go over to a retail store and get a replacement.  Mine works great now .

Since this phone shipped out on the same date, the 29th, I'm guessing you fall under that 14 days also so I'd say hurry up and contact Verizon?

BTW, it seems like the Note 2 wifi connectivity issue disscussions are having made in the android community already.  You're not the only one Smiley Happy

0 Likes
jc82185
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks thats a great idea!

I got it to work again after resetting to the factory defaults but now I have to download my apps and change my settings again so I may just get a new one within the 14 days so I don't have to deal with this again....hopefully

For anyone that doesn't have the return option try going to settings->back up and reset->factory data reset

0 Likes