Commando ?
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you decline a call on the commando the little box to send a text; OK or Cancel pops up. What message would it send and How do we get rid of it?????

I mean how do I keep it from coming up at all???????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Commando ?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't have the Commando, but on my phone, it gives me the option to send a quick pre-determined text message (you get to choose from several) in addition to sending the call straight to voice mail.  If I hit 'cancel', no text message is sent, the call just goes straight to voice mail.  I would imagine it's the same with your phone.  There may not be a way to keep it from popping up; if there is on my phone, I haven't determined what it is yet.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@45Frank - It has been a bit since we last heard from you. Were you able to get your issue resolved? If not, try this. This may not be ideal, but it may limit the message pop up.

Start by going to Settings > Accessability > Power Button > and turn on Power Button ends call.

This means that you will need to press the power button to end/cancel a call. It is a bit different, but it may help limit that message from appearing.

Let us know if this helps!

Thank you for your help as well, tikibar1!

May everyone take care!

NicandroN_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because I'm looking onto getting out of my contract and moving to another carrier. Your customer service needs much room for improving. Not much just folks with a personality and common sense. How do so many people who get paid to do a job have so little knowledge.

New problems with my Commando. I purchased a recharging cradle and paid way to much FROM VERIZON, from day one it has made a sound like an electrical storm when first set in and then ever 30 minutes or so as long as it's in the cradle. Now it just doesn't charge the phone even though it goes to cradle mode.    

VERIZON HAS NO RECORD OF ME PURCHASING THIS DEVISE, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CHARGED TO MY DEBIT CARD. I do not have the receipt and this is my fault but the darned well know I bought it from them! So then if this was a felonious charge credit my account, we can't do that. Just B/S.

This may not be their problem but a phone problem, from day one the phone's battery drains with in 4 hours. I thought I had this problem fixed but it has creeped back to a dieing battery. I think I know what it is but they just tell me reboot reboot reboot.

I KEEP GETTING APPS. I DON'T WANT, THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO STOP THIS?

Every few day I have to delete 10-15 apps that just show up. They run and are annoying. Do you want to date Chinese French Whore Bangladesh, NO I don't!

Now I have texting issues that I have to use because the phone from day one just keeps hanging up on people. When you shut off the T-9 is it and just want to spell a word using the keyboard something I have to do because of funny named and spelled parts. Nope it still tries to spell a word from the data base. If I type in a word another shows up and if you hit the BACK KEY to eliminate a letter it changes the word I WANT TO SPELL.

Darned any help I could get would be appreciated, this is insane and very bad business.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It sounds like you installed a bad application for other app to be installing themselves.  Download the Lookout Ad Network Detector and use it to find the bad apps and get them uninstalled.  Also change your settings for the Play Store to prevent automatic updates.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well for this issue I appreciate you time and knowledge, of the apps on my phone I have deleted all but maybe 4 or 5 all the others came with the phone and cannot be deleted. I do have two that just showed up that will not uninstall I have never heard of or installed, they are called fatbooth and mixbooth. My auto update is also off.

Is there a way to stop the phone from downloading apps with out my permission?!?!?!?.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try looking through Settings > applications > manage applications > all tab to find those two that haven't been able to uninstall so far.

Also it might not be a bad idea to factory reset the phone.  Then before signing into your gmail account on the phone, change the password for that account to hopefully something stronger and less hack-able to keep others out of it if that is what is happening.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes