Commando 4G C811--Places that repair cracked screens for c811
Ed_C_Exiting
Enthusiast - Level 2

The screen on my 4G Commando (C811 version) broke when it fell a few weeks ago.  Verizon & Casio do not repair phones out of warranty.  I also found that most repair shops--national & local--that make business repairing cracked screens refuse to repair waterproofed phones.  I thought this discussion might be a resource where Commando owners could share the names of shops that do repair the screens since these can be so hard to find.

Here's a link to the one that repaired mine.  http://www.wigoclinic.com/

They seemed to do a good job, but I haven't tested the waterproofing and won't do that deliberately anymore, just in case.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Commando 4G C811--Places that repair cracked screens for c811
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm not going to report this post because I feel it can be useful, but you may be in violation of the TOS here.  Just a heads up in case this disappears.

0 Likes
Re: Commando 4G C811--Places that repair cracked screens for c811
Ed_C_Exiting
Enthusiast - Level 2

Didn't think this violated TOS as it's not a paid ad, I don't have a commercial interest in the vendor, and it isn't in competition with a service provided by Verizon.  I figure as long as the 3rd party marketplace for repairing this phone is soooo weak, it would help the Verizon Wireless user group to allow them to point each other to the few (one?) shops that do these repairs.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

My thought is that it could void your warranty, but IDK.  Again, it could be helpful, I just thought I would give you a heads up.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm really surprised that Casio won't repair devices to ensure that the phone is sealed properly again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RoadRash

I've cracked my screen as well and unable to get Casio or Verizon to repair mine. How much did WiGoClinic charge you and did you mail yours in? What was the turn around time? Did they use the waterproof adhesive?

0 Likes
Ed_C_Exiting
Enthusiast - Level 2

I paid ~ $130.  It took about a week to get the part and another day or two to repair.  I didn't mail it in, but it does appear that they do that.  I don't know what kind of adhesive they used. 

My phone had a couple of dents and marks from the repair, but I was just grateful that a qualified shop would step up to do the difficult repair at all.  It works like new, though I haven't tested waterproofing.  I figure it beats having to shell out for a new phone.

0 Likes
RoadRash

Thanks for the reply. I'm a bit hesitant to rush to repair mine. I gathered that the repair must be done with the proper waterproof adhesive to keep the waterproof specification. I wish this phone was not so alienated from the community and easy to fix as the Iphone appears to be.

0 Likes