Color on LED screen.
Cassie9049

Hello everyone. I'm not sure if that's the correct name for it, but on my Droid there's a little green light that blinks when I have some message. I noticed on my brother's Droid that his light is blue and  I was wondering how do you change the color. Also, on the left top corner of my droid, there another light, but it never seems to activate. I hope I'm making sense to Droid users.lol

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Color on LED screen.
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

There is an app to change the colors and their meanings on the led so you can customize it.  I forget what it is called I think missed calls or something like that.  I didn't like it cause it messed with my ringer too and other notifications.  If you want to use it to customize everything it would probably be fine.  I had a hard time wrapping my brain around it all.  There are a few more colors the Droid is capable of though. 

The "lights" on the left side that don't light up are actually sensors.  I had never noticed they were there till you said something and I got it in just the right light to faintly see that they are there.  The one to the far left is the light sensor.  It is used for the auto brightness function which is neat but can suck the life right out of your battery.  The one to the right of it is basically an infrared sensor used as a proximity sensor mainly for phone calls.  It shuts off the screen while you are on a call if the phone is by your ear so your face doesn't push buttons. 

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1
default is green for email texts etc, blue for facebook
there are apps to change it, but I don't know the names
currently, I use handcent for messaging and you can customize the led color (along with a million other awesome things) for texts
0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
I use an app called SPC, super private conversation. I use it to hide texts from unseen eyes and also to change the color of the led. Theres magneta, cyan, orange , red , green and blue.
0 Likes
meister
Enthusiast - Level 3

A lot of people, including myself use Handcent SMS as the default text message program instead of stock . Now with that set, you can change the color for texts and even how fast it blinks and many other things. Be sure to turn off your stock and turn on Handcent after install.

0 Likes
cassi

Sorry to be so blonde - but how do you turn off the stock app to use Handcent???

thnx

cassi

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

From your home screen touch Menu->Settings->Applications->Manage applications. Then touch Menu->Filter->All. Scroll down to Messaging and touch it. Then touch Clear defaults. At some point you will get a prompt asking which application to use. Touch Use by default for this action, then touch Handcent (or whatever name appears other than Messaging).

0 Likes