Re: Cloud contacts backup failed
kimmyb26
Enthusiast - Level 2

i went to the verizon store last night and they did a factory reset. now they work. Go figure Smiley Happy

Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

It works now up until their next update. Are you going to do a FDR each time they change something?

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Google in some areas is not high on my happy-meter but the backup service is great like Jakeman1  said. I would not want to do FDR at every change. I use both Google and Verizon for different phones and they work, but it's your call.

Indian
Contributor - Level 1

If you change your contact sync to Google, does everything get backed up...ie. pictures, music, texts, etc?  Thanks for your help

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Short answer, yes. I back up my apps data, contacts, passwords, pictures, and settings all of the normal items. I do not save text as a rule.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Good rule for sure..

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Tech is nice when it works but a real pain        when all goes by-by, alway backup.   Smiley Happy

tray-c34
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue to it says can not connect when i have tried both 4g and wifi

0 Likes
wendy53
Enthusiast - Level 2

Trying to back up to the cloud on an LG G3.  Get "can't connect to the cloud. Make sure you have a data connection. Try later".  Tried wireless and 4G.  What is this Google back up?  Charge?

0 Likes
snakebitten69

Droid Razr Maxx HD  -- old phone, don't judge me. 

Anyways...running version 14.something of verizon cloud.  As soon as I hit back up now, it immediately said backup failed.  Uninstalled updates for verizon cloud and went back to version 13.6.4.20...everything backing up correctly.  turned off automatic updates, good to go.

0 Likes