Re: Cloud contacts backup failed
jdhashem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesnt matter the network. Pictures sync fine. The only problem is contacts. 

0 Likes
Juliap101

I am having the same issue. Everything syncs fine except the contacts.  This message began showing up after the last update.

0 Likes
DaveinMT

Same thing happened to me after the latest update and here's how I fixed it. I went to My Verizon>My Device>Backup My Contacts. It showed my contacts were backed up, but I went through the backup process and this issue went away. If you've already gone through the process, you may just be able to have it sync your contacts.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
GeekyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Dave, I tried that method myself, but it didn't solve the issue for me Smiley Sad. What device do you have?

0 Likes
jdhashem
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you shut down all apps with task manager and clear the cache on the cloud app it seems to fix the problem. But you have to do it every time you make changes to your contacts. 

0 Likes
DaveinMT

GeekyGirl. I have a Samsung S5.

0 Likes
GeekyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

jdhashem Hey there... I tried that as well but it didn't solve the issue for me Smiley Sad But, I've transferred all my contacts to Google anyway so I no longer need to use Verizon Cloud backup. Thanks for the suggestion though!

DaveinMT Thanks Dave. I'm experiencing this issue particularly on my HTC One M8. I have a Samsung S5 too and don't have any backup issues at all!

0 Likes
jdhashem
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes didnt work for me either. The next backup undid everything. I guess I'm switching to Google too. 

kimmyb26
Enthusiast - Level 2

i'm having the same issue. i sometimes can't even connect to the cloud from my phone. "Something went wrong. Please wait a moment and try again. If the problem persists, try logging in." it won't even log in. hasn't backed up in a month. i tried doing a sync from my computer to my phone on verizon's website, but it didn't work either. FRUSTRATING!!!!

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Switch to Google, it is easy and you will never have any worries over it

0 Likes