Re: Cloud contacts backup failed
rashidclark

Happens on my Galaxy 5s as well. It was also the case with my previous device (a Droid Bionic). I'll try filing a ticket.

0 Likes
rashidclark

Update: After chatting online with support, they decided to ship me a replacement device. We'll see if that helps.

0 Likes
dw4646

The same thing happened to me after a forced update on my Samsung s5. When I called Verizon they told me to back up to Google cloud! What kind of advice is that?

0 Likes
mdbratch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received a new LG G2 phone and restored my old "dumb phone" contacts from the Backup Assistant, and then set up the Verizon cloud backup (which seems to be the default). It seemed to work for a few days, then I started to get, regularly, "Cloud contacts backup failed due to network lost!". My network is fine and it's working everywhere else in the house (strong WiFi signal, decent 4G reception). I tried rebooting the phone as well as clearing the data for the Cloud app and the error still occurs. After reading this thread, I think I'm moving my phone contacts over to Google. No sense in contacting Verizon technical support to be told my phone needs to be replaced when this is clearly a problem with the cloud software.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Do yourself a huge favor. Change your contacts to Google Contacts, clear our Backup Assistant and cloud. Disable cloud, disable Backup assistant and use the seamlessly easy Google to back up your contacts and never have issues like this again.

dw4646

Can you walk me through how to change everything to Google?

0 Likes
GeekyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey there.. if you have an Android, you can download an app from the Google Play called Contacts Optimizer. This app easily moves your contacts from "Phone" to Google and will help you clean up your contacts at the same time. Plus, it's ad free and had a slick interface. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
GeekyGirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I started having this same issue to and moved my contacts to Google. If you decide to as well, be sure to use an app called Contacts Optimizer. It automates this process and you're all done in just two clicks.

jdhashem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same exact issue. Contacts won't back up. Keeps saying network failure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mdbratch,

Oh my! We want you to be able to successfully sync your contacts. Do you receive the same error message we trying to sync over the data network and over wifi? Are you able to sync other information on your device successfully, such as pictures and videos?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes