Cleaning out my Inbox on a Droid 3
SowlTrain

I was cleaing my inbox from my LAPTOP and it was pretty easy. I could search names of people who send me tons of foward, places I get alerts from. Or sort emails and cleaning was a snap.

Doing this on my DRIOD 3 seems impossible with out taking way more time than it should. If you search a name or email address on a DROID it will sort all the emails which is great BUT you can't delete them all at one time. There is no way to select all and delete after doing a search. I also tired to sort by to or from BUT it looks like you can only sort by date and a few other things. Unless I am doing something wrong?

Can anyone help me out on cleaning out my inbox efficiently. With OUT having search then delete ONE BY ONE. Or with OUT having to delete my ENTIRE inbox. Got to be a faster way. Any help on this matter is much appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cleaning out my Inbox on a Droid 3
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I'm not totally sure this functionality was included within Android.  I would imagine it is meant to be a way to access your email on the go, with computer access remaining the main way to manage your emails.  If you could provide a little more info, like email provider and app being used, someone may have a solution for you, though I have seen this complaint a lot. 

0 Likes
SowlTrain

It's the basic email that came on the phone. I have a Droid 3. I haven't downloaded any apps. My email is through hotmail.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, I doubt that app has the functionality built in.  You may check the Play Store to see if hotmail has an app that may have more features.

Edit:  Microsoft does have a hotmail app.  I've never used it so I don't know what it's like, but you could give it a shot: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hotmail.Z7&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsI...

Just don't forget to remove your account information from the default app so you don't get double notified.

Message was edited by: <Name deleted>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
SowlTrain

Thanks for your help....what did you mean by: Just don't forget to remove your account information from the default app so you don't get double notified?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you leave your hotmail login information in the default email app, you will get notified from that app as well as the hotmail app. 

0 Likes
SowlTrain

I am still not sure I understand. Do I have do delete the account off my phone before downloading the app or just change my reminders on what came on the phone or something along those lines? I worry I might mess up something and loss important emails on my phone then I won't have them with me when I am on the go.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You don't necessarily have to do it before hand.  In fact, if you want to try out the new app for a while before deleting the account information from the native app, that's fine.  I was just letting you know that, if you have the account information tied to both apps, you may get notifications from both apps.  That won't hurt anything, but would drive me nuts.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

In addition to the advice given by demmo86rt, you could also setup your Hotmail account as an exchange account on the phone. There are advanges to using exchange. Any of the email thinning that you do on the computer will be reflected on the phone. The downside is if you want to remove an email from the phone, but not the computer/server this won't work as well.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SowlTrain

How do you set it up so anything you delete off your computer comes off your phone? I think that would be the best solution for me at this point....thanks for your help...anyone know how to do this? I don't have a clue, lol

0 Likes