Charging Battery Before First Use
Dino019

So I've read, in multiple forums,  that I should charge the battery for 8hrs before I turn it on for the first time.

I just read the battery charging portion of the quick start  guide that came wiht the Dinc & nothing was mentioned about charging for xHrs before turning on.

It's been charging for 3hrs now, but the light turned green in less than 90min.

Anybody have any reason why I shoud not turn on my phone NOW & activate it, so I can start playing with it??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Charging Battery Before First Use
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Dino019 wrote:

So I've read, in multiple forums,  that I should charge the battery for 8hrs before I turn it on for the first time.

I just read the battery charging portion of the quick start  guide that came wiht the Dinc & nothing was mentioned about charging for xHrs before turning on.

It's been charging for 3hrs now, but the light turned green in less than 90min.

Anybody have any reason why I shoud not turn on my phone NOW & activate it, so I can start playing with it??

Check out this thread and post by Shay_J---->Charge battery First Time

0 Likes
bobzgirl

link is broke...

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
And you dug up a more than year old post. There are more recent posts discussing a similar question.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
a few batt articles i've read say to charge this type of device 6-8 hrs before use.

way back, motorola used to recommend charging an hour past indication of the full charge light.
0 Likes
moew

Most of the overcharge recommendations are as they were said, from way back when.  This is from a time when nimh batteries where used.

They were prone to charge memory, where say you only let the battery go down 1/2 way, then charge, repeat.... they would die just after the 1/2 way mark.

WOAH 88 MPH, let's jump to TODAY.  Almost All batteries are Lithium Ion based and are not prone to this memory effect!  A lot of friends mention this overcharge/discharge method, and I ask them, "why?".  They have no idea why, lol.

It's your phone and your battery.  You can do what you want to with it.  Most phone "charging circuits" inside the phone will cut the power off when the phone is fully charged anyway.

0 Likes