Change phone reactivation procedure please . . .
Farwalker

The current phone reactivation procedure requires the input of one of three numbers (MEID, ESN, or IMEI) contained within the phone device on the Verizon site. 

I would request that Verizon change this requirement.  The current requirement is excessive. 

Assuming that customers use proper security precautions for their ID and passwords (length, mix of upper and lower case, and use of numbers) this extra information input requirement does nothing by create more record keeping for customers. 

Imagine the situation where the owner of the account and the user are two different people, the user and phone are over 50 miles away from the owner, and the phone is deactivated.  Later the owner of the account, who is a different person from the user of the phone, wants to reactivate the phone.  Assuming the user won't communicate with the owner of the account, lacking the numbers how do you get that information to the user to enter on the Verizon site?

I know that I  used the deactivation and reactivation on my daughter's phone several times when I had service with AT&T.  They did not require any internal numbers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Change phone reactivation procedure please . . .
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

These numbers (they are basically all just different names for the same thing) are required for Verizon's network to recognize the device.  It's less about the customer and more about the device.  The device's ID is also used in a situation where the device may be lost or stolen to prevent activation by somebody who is not supposed to have the device.  AT&T is a different situation due to different network technology.  With them, you can pop in the SIM card and it does all the work.

0 Likes