Casio Commando
Lynaire

Ok so I have a Casio G'z One Commando. I am trying to get it to connect to a comp via usb. Now no matter what usb mode I put it in it will not charge. When I am at home I can get it only to charge via mass storage but at work I can't get to to charge in any mode. Anyone got any thoughts on the situation? Am I doing something wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Commando
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Good morning Lynaire.

I know that having the ability to charge your device whenever possible or necessary is very important, as I personally charge my phone whenever possible.  When you have your phone connected via USB at work and you're able to select Mass Storage, can you select Charge Only?  (Note: Charge Only may charge your device faster than Mass Storage.)  Have you tried other USB cables?  If you can charge your phone via USB/ computer at home, it may be that your job has all USB connections disabled.  Therefore, you may want to ask someone at your job if there is a block.  If there is no block, and you still cannot charge, please send me a Private Message and I will be happy to further assist you personally.

Thank you,

0 Likes
madpetty
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same probelm with my phone i have had more problems with this phone than any other problem. i got my almost a year ago and they told me that my computer ws the problem and that i would have to get a new computer to get it to work so i bought a new computer and it stilld oesnt work right. however i did ge told that there is an option if you hit the settings ubtoon next to hyour home button. and find the applicaitons menu select that and then findthe develop ment menu and there is a option for USB debugging selct that so it has a check mark that has helped me with my issue of gettting it to sync with my computer(for the most part) good luck

jbuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue.  Commando will not charge when connected via original USB cable to any computer.  (the computers are not the issue as they all charge a variety of other devices just fine)

When I connect USB the phone and PC's show "sync error" and prompts me to change the USB mode.  When I change to "charge only" mode the phone does not charge!

I used above suggestion and enabled [Settings] > [Apllications] > [Development] > [USB debugging] .  Now the phone will charge when in "Media Sync" or "Mass stroage"  USB modes without throwing error when connecting.  It still will not charge in "Charge only" mode.  That is just sad.

Also, I find no source to download USB drivers for this phone.  Casio Japan site only has downloads for the Exilim phones and nothing for the Commando.

0 Likes