Casio Commando wi-fi disconnect solved with static IP
jbuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had continuous trouble with my 1 month old Casio Commando C771 (Android 2.3.3) disconnecting from my home wi-fi network.  The issue would come and go with no consistent reason. 

The phone shows and remembers the home wifi network info and shows the SSID in the list of many others nearby.  It properly tries to connect and says "obtaining IP address...".  Then is says "disconnected".  My router logs always show "Wireless system with Mac address xxxxxxxx disassociate reason 1".  "Reason 1" seems arbitrary and I cannot find out what the error code means.

Network info:

WPA2 PSK security

IPv6 enabled

MAC address filtering

D-Link DIR-615 wireless router

As far as the router goes I believe it is good.  I can connect 4 other wired and wireless devices without trouble.  Only the phone has issues.

After spending 2 very long calls with verizon tech support nothing was resolved.  First time they had me "hard reset" the phone by pulling out the battery while it was on.  That got the phone and wifi to connect.  (Not a good long term solution in my view)  But the next day it would not connect.   Second time they had me do a *228 roaming update and this magically fixed the issue at that moment.  But the next day the Commando went back to refusing to connect to my network.

I tried reducing the length of the PSK password, turning off IPv6, broadcasting and not broadcasting my SSID, rebooting the router, turning MAC address filtering  on and off, even using an open connection with zero security.  Nothing worked as a permanent fix.

Sometimes the phone would connect after I messed around with one of the above settings and sometimes it would not.  Sometimes my phone would just magically connect to the network with no trouble.

To see if DNS was an issue I removed all other devices from the network so the phone would be the only IP address assigned.  Once that did work and I then connected my other devices to wifi again and everyone was happy.  Then later the phone was disconnected.  So to me it did not appear the IP's and DNS were the issue.

But just to see I disabled DNS on the router and gave static IP's to all devices.  BAM! like magic the phone connects every time with a static IP.

I hope this helps someone else.  If anyone has a better solution please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Commando wi-fi disconnect solved with static IP
redhedlady80

has anyone found another solution to this my isp doesnt support static ip's

0 Likes
Re: Casio Commando wi-fi disconnect solved with static IP
jbuzz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am not using a static external IP with my ISP.  Mine does not allow that either for home accounts.  I set static addresses for my internal network of devices.  Check your router to see if there is an option to set DHCP "reservations".  Your external IP provided by your ISP to connect to the internet is not effected. 

0 Likes