Casio Commando hotspot
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got a commando a couple of months ago, occasionally the mobile hotspot app takes a considerable time to "turn on", about 3-5 minutes sometimes, while in other instances it turns on in only a few seconds.  I have also noticed that from time to time turning the wifi on or off can take a few minutes too.  Anyone else experience this??  Is there a work around or fix??  My wife has the iphone 4 and it's "personal hotspot" functionality switches on and off almost instantly every time.

Thanks for any info provided

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Casio Commando hotspot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jbaum75, I want to help you be able to rely completely on your device without worrying about it flaking out on you! I checked and I'm not showing this reported as a known issue. Do you notice if your signal is low at the times your hotspot takes a long time to turn on? Do you show your signal bars next to 3G moving, showing you're receiving data connection? Also, with WiFi, is this happening with different WiFi hotspots? If you have any antivirus or battery saver apps, please uninstall. Also, check to see what applications are running in the background when this happens by going to Settings, Applications, Running Services. If multiple apps running, that could cause a delay.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for replying.

Regarding my hotspot, my signal is between 3-4 bars when attempting to turn on my hotspot, so signal is good.  The signal bars are not moving next to 3G.

Regarding my WiFi, the issue is not connecting to a hotspot it's turning on the WiFi adapter in my phone.  Sometimes it turns on instantly other times it takes a significantly long time (i.e. several minutes).  I do not have antivirus or battery saver apps installed.  When I check to see what apps are running in the background I find that there are many.  They all seem to be services related to the OS.  Is there a way to delete apps that were on the phone out of the box?  They eat up a lot of memory and I never use them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi jbaum75,

Let's get your WiFi working so that you can enjoy all the features on your phone. Let's begin by deleting all applications that are not being used on your device. Sometimes 3rd party apps can cause the phone to malfunction so we want to make sure none of these apps are interfering with your device's native functions. There is no way to delete native applications from your device.

Our last step of troubleshooting would to be complete a Master Reset. Make sure to back up your data before completing the Master Reset. Here are the steps http://bit.ly/IIwsvK. Keep us updated!

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

did the master reset a few weeks ago, there is no improvement in performance of the hotspot.  From what I have read on several forums it doesn't seem that this is issue for anyone else.  Could I have a faulty wifi adapter??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for completing the suggested steps jbaum75!  Please send me a PM with your name and mobile number so I may further assist.  Thank you. 

Tominque B.
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, will do.  How do I send a PM.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to send a follow request. They have to accept it and send another follow request back to you . You then accept this follow request. Once you are both following each other, then you can send a DM (Direct Message) to TominqueB_VZW with the information they requested to access your account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jbaum75
Enthusiast - Level 2

how long should i expect to wait for a response..........

0 Likes
mgotts

I've had the exact same issue for at least 8 months+.  The issue is that the 3g wireless hotspot won't turn on at least half the time.  In the menu to enable it, after selecting the checkbox to turn it on, the checkbox stays greyed out and there is greyed text under it saying "turning on...".  But it just hangs.  When it works correctly it enables immediately and works as a hotspots just fine.  I've never waited more than a minute or so to see if it would turn on in 3-5 min (you are more patient than me) before rebooting the phone, after which it always works the first time.

I've reset the phone, removed various apps (i barely have anything on the phone anymore trying to troubleshoot this).  I do not keep the WiFi turned on nor ever need to use it, so I can't comment on if turning it on does or does not hang as well.

Anyway, you are not alone, and it is definitely something unique to the commando.  Didn't used to do it a year+ ago, so it could be associated with one of the various OS updates that were pushed out.  But I don't recall if the problem started happening soon after one of them or not.  Given the intermittent nature of the problem, it is hard to troubleshoot.

0 Likes