Re: Casio Commando 4G C811 Taking Fuzzy Pictures
YouReallyDontKnowDoYo

I used an eye glasses lens cleaning towelette that had alcohol in it to clean my lens when the pictures got foggy. Use some magnification when you look at the outside of the lens/cover to inspect.

I'm not a representative of Vz or Casio but I have stayed at a holiday inn express.... a long time ago....

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same problem with my 3g commando.  I was going to post a topic but found this one thru search.  Funny thing is with mine.....if I watch the screen when it's taking the picture, the picture screen comes into focus and then at the last 1/4 of a second right before it snaps, it goes back out of focus and gives me nothing but hazy, cloudy, NOT crisp pictures.   Any fix yet Verizon or Casio???????

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Try a different camera app like LG camera.

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I use LG camera on a Casio phone?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

iis your Casio an android phone? don't pay attention to the name. just go to the market and try it, or another camera app.

0 Likes
mattt181
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess I just don't see the point in adding another app to my already bogged down, slow phone.  This phone used to take great pics but this fuzzy, blurry problem started a while ago.  I've noticed that the more apps you add to a phone, the slower it goes.  Using too much memory.  So, sure.....maybe adding another app would help....but maybe not.  How about getting the pre-installed Casio camera software to work good again??????

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

First thing was to rule out a hardware problem. By using another program you could verify it took poor programs as well. If that is the case, it's moist likely a hardware problem. If the pictures are fine, it's likely a software or setting issue.

WhatVersionOfAndroidAreYouRunning? ThereIsProbablyAAwayToCleanUpMemory. Please excuse the lack of spacing. My phone is acting funny at the moment.

0 Likes
wavemaster12

I have the same problem.  I have the Commando 4G LTE - when I hold the camera lens under a desk lamp, I can see a film on the inside of the camera lens cover.  This is a phone issue - not a software issue.

I thought this phone was supposed to be moisture resistant?

Insurion doesn't want to cover it because it was not dropped or gotten wet.  I had the phone in a really humid environment and ever since, the camera images are completely useless.

Trying to get Verizon extended warranty to replace it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Certain credit cards, for example AMEX might have extended your warranty by a year. Depending upon how you paid for the device, you may have extended coverage already through the manufacturer.

Yeah - if the ultimate issue is fogging behind the lens and in front of the imaging sensor, I don't think any form of SW modification or reset is going to help you.

Good luck.