Cant update to Lolli, not recieving update.
vectorlightning

My phone is stuck on Android KitKat, and yet I've heard that Verizon started updating to Lolli last year.

I've asked tech support a couple times about updating and they keep saying it'll come out soon, but I haven't gotten anything yet. Maybe it wasn't available yet, IDK. I check for updates almost daily, nothing's come up.

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be asking Verizon support or Motorola, so correct me if I'm in the wrong place.

// Details

Device: Moto X ( I think 2nd gen?)

Last update: June 03

Unrooted.

Any details not listed, just ask.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cant update to Lolli, not recieving update.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the Moto X 2013 model not the 2nd generation model. Lollipop hasn't been issued yet. There is talk of the soak test for 5.1 starting for the Verizon model of the Moto X 2013 model recently. Even if it is happening, you would have to wait until the full rollout occurs.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

What happens when you go into settings>system update (or some combination to get to the update)?

0 Likes
vectorlightning
"Your device's software is up to date". In big blue letters on black, only button is big blue "OK".
0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Supposedly they did release the update, but now supposedly if you haven't updated yet, you'll be able to update right to v5.1 and just bypass v5.0. However this all very mystical information, delivered by the Santa who met with the Easter Bunny beforehand. Basically no one really knows yet.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does it actually say 2nd generation under the About Phone screen of the Settings? What is the build number and the System version?

Can you please post a screenshot of the About Phone screen?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vectorlightning

It doesnt say 2nd gen... I'll get a screenshot up.

Screenshot_2015-06-28-16-01-18.png

Sorry if things are weird this browser hates this site

0 Likes
vectorlightning

Screenshot_2015-06-28-15-56-24.png

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You have the Moto X 2013 model not the 2nd generation model. Lollipop hasn't been issued yet. There is talk of the soak test for 5.1 starting for the Verizon model of the Moto X 2013 model recently. Even if it is happening, you would have to wait until the full rollout occurs.

0 Likes
vectorlightning

Oh. What's a soak test then?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

A soak test is when a select few get the update on real world devices to verify the update install correctly on those devices and to discover any bugs that couldn't found during lab testing. If soak test result numbers are acceptable then the full update gets approved for the staged rollout to the rest of the devices of that model in circulation. If the soak test isn't successful then the update is pulled for further testing.

0 Likes