Re: Cannot send/receive texts from certain people
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leelo503, we your messaging service to work right for you. This is a well covered area.  This is a well covered area with no reported outages. Are you getting any errors when sending a text? Are you using a third party messaging app for your text?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not getting any error messages when sending texts. I have tried both

the original messaging app that came with the phone as well as several

third party apps, all with the same results.

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leelow503, I rely on my messaging every day. Let’s get yours up and running. Try placing your device in safe mode. This will not erase any personal information but will disable all third party apps. Try using the messaging service while in safe mode and let’s us know how it works. To put your phone in safe mode click here: http://vz.to/1NlmgzW
AlbertoR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

Tried it. No luck.

On Nov 22, 2015 11:56 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

Drooftopmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm on my second phone because of the same issue. The first phone was never able to be fixed so we used an upgrade n we are having the same exact issue again. Went into Best Buy n sat with a Samsung employee for over an hour n thought the problem was fixed.  This phone sucks n I can't understand how no one can fix it!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Drooftopmom, text messages are a major form of communication and being able to send and receive yours is imperative. Is this happening with just a specific number? Has the phone been tested with only the manufacturer software? Please share details so we may assist.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Darn! Thanks for giving it a shot, leelow503. You had mentioned three pretty important people not getting your messages. Do you happen to know if they all have the same carrier or type of phone? Are they able to receive any messages from you (picture messages, group messages, intermittent text)? Do you have those contacts stored in your phone using 11, 10, or 7 digit dialing patterns?

JenniferH_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

They do not all have the same carrier or type of phone. The contacts are stored as 10 digits. The three main people are unable to receive any messages from me.

Today I tried logging in to my text messages on the Verizon website. I opened a conversation with a person that I communicate with frequently throughout the day (seemingly without any issues) and when I went to send a message suddenly a whole bunch of old text messages from this person to me started loading, some of them I had seen before and some of them that had never reached me. I went back into my phone to double check and there were definitely messages that loaded on the website that had never been received to my phone. So even the people that I think I can communicate with fine are probably affected by this too.

0 Likes
couragethecowardlydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try having the person(s) with the phone that cannot send you texts delete the entire conversation they have tried to have with you, if that doesn't work, you do the same. See if that helps.

gpc1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for that suggestion ... I just did it and could immediately send to the number that I couldn't send to.  It was really weird - she could send to me, but I couldn't reply or send her a text.  Now I can.  Thank you!

0 Likes