Cannot send/receive texts from certain people
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nearly 3 weeks ago I noticed that my best friend was not receiving my text messages. Looking further into it I realized that there were several contacts not receiving my texts, including my boss and my mother. Everyone had been previously communicating with me via text without issue. I looked for help online and was able to verify that I did not have the numbers blocked, and none of the numbers were stored with a 1 in front of them. I tried two different third party messaging apps with no luck. During that time I added two new contacts to my phone on the same day and one I can communicate with without issue, and the other can only send texts to me and he does not receive mine. After a few days of trying different suggestions from online forums I did the factory reset but the problem was still there afterwards. I have tried deleting the contacts and message threads with no luck. My phone (Droid DNA) was 2 years old and the screen was heavily damaged so I switched to my backup phone, a Droid Razr HD. Still the problem persisted. The only things linking the two phones are my google accounts, my sim card, and my verizon account so today I activated a new sim card in the razr. No luck. Verified that my boss is still not receiving my texts. I've cleared all the caches, there is plenty of empty storage space on the phone. The razr hd has Android version 4.4.2 if that means anything.

I've read plenty of comment threads where people go back and forth about having the same problem and there was never an actual fix mentioned in any of that.  I am able to call, and receive calls with no problems. This is driving me crazy.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot send/receive texts from certain people
couragethecowardlydog
Enthusiast - Level 2

Try having the person(s) with the phone that cannot send you texts delete the entire conversation they have tried to have with you, if that doesn't work, you do the same. See if that helps.

View solution in original post

Kimmi82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having this same exact problem right now it seems to be people of other carriers! I called and spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with support, they put in a ticket and were supposed to get back to me by 12 today, they didn't so I called them, the issue is still not fixed and they will call me with an update tomorrow, beyond frustrated!

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

Are they all iphone users? I have the same problem with my neighbor, my daughter, and her mothers phone. All Iphone fives.

0 Likes
Kimmi82
Enthusiast - Level 1

No mine are all androids just different carriers

0 Likes
sleepy3103
Enthusiast - Level 2

I haven't had that problem. Just the problem with Android to Iphone texts.

0 Likes
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

My problem seems to be with Android and iphone. One thing that's

interesting is that yesterday I remembered that I activated (or in some way

messed with) the verizon backup assistant around the time my issues started

so I went in and force stopped it and later on my mother received a text I

sent her and was able to reply to it, which hasn't happened in a while. Who

knows if that actually had anything to do with it, but maybe. Could it have

something to do with more than one application syncing the contacts? I also

have google backing up my info.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 7:49 PM, sleepy3103 <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Leelow503, I can assure you that is definitely not normal. When did you notice this issue start? What kind of phone do you have? What is your zip code?

AlbertoR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kimmi82!
I apologize for the inconvenience and I hope you’ve received a resolution to your ticket since your original post! If not, let’s look into this. I will be sending you a Private Message momentarily.

AyaniBB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
leelow503
Enthusiast - Level 2

The issue started October 25th. Area code 97213. My phone is a Droid Razr HD.

0 Likes
RLC11

Also having this exact same problem with my new S5 - can't receive texts from my family who have iPhone but are on my same Verizon account.  Do I have to call Customer Support to get resolved?

0 Likes