Cannot receive text
STEFANOS

I recently deactivated then reactivated my C811. I can make and receive calls and send texts. I cannot receive any text. I have replaced the sim, force stopped apps, done a soft reset, done a hard reset (twice), changed apps, changed network setting all to no avail. Everything worked until I tempoarily changed phones.  I tried to utilize message+ for desktop but that requires (you guessed it) a text.

Verizon says there are no blocks. I have plenty of storage and still have the ability to send texts, just not receive. I don't believe this is a hardware issue but rather some sort of block by verizon?

0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

STEFANOS, being able to receive text messages is essential, and we want to help! You mentioned you're unable to use Message+ To better assist you, what messaging application are you currently using on your device (the one that came preinstalled, or a third party messaging application)? Please advise.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Cannot receive text
STEFANOS

Factory app. The issue has since been resolved. After all the visits, calls, soft resets, hard resets, wiping all data, backing up data, changing apps, force stop on apps, new sim cards and almost giving up; I called and asked this issue to be moved to a higher level.

There it was determined that there was an issue with the Verizon Plan itself There were no blocks of any kind yet all of my incomming texts were blocked. The tech changed my plan and it immedietly started to work.  I knew it wasn't a hardware issue as I could send texts, just not receive. 

0 Likes