Cannot make outbound calls?
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just received my new DROID MAXX last weekend.  After activating the new phone on my existing service as an upgrade I cannot make outbound calls.  Inbound calls work fine.  For outbound calls I get "Welcome to Verizon Wireless.  There has been an error in processing your call please power down and turn off your phone then turn your phone back on and try your call again.  If this continues please dial #8899 for assistance.  Announcement 11 switch 41-3"

I have "powered down and turned off" many times so I called #8899 and worked with Verizon.  After discussing with a Verizon technician we enabled VoLTE on both the phone and my service which allowed me to make outbound phone calls.

After a week of VoLTE, I have found that it is frustrating as conversations are choppy and words are lost in mid stream constantly.  If I turn off the VoLTE I cannot make outbound calls again.  I have attempted phone numbers from my contacts as well as phone numbers entered manually that are not in my contact lists.  I have attempted each when the Wifi is on or off.  I get a good 4G signal and mobile data is on.  With VoLTE turned off, inbound calls still ring and work fine.  BTW: The test number, #832, just hangs up on me without the error message if that is wroth anything.

How do I make calls without the VoLTE? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot make outbound calls?
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

To provide a follow up, Verizon had to perform some type of reset on their end and my phone works on a 3G network.  The representative described it as though my chip would look like a new account to the network.

(I post this reply because i have seen several threads where this error was described, but the thread usually gets lost when a Verizon person offers to help, which generally means that they were able to solve it, but without confirmation.  I wanted to confirm that Verizon was able to solve this issue so that is definitely the path to take.)

View solution in original post

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you receive a new Sim card with your new phone?

0 Likes
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the new phone came with it's own SIM card.  The old phone was turned off, the new phone activated online and then the new phone was turned on, they were never both on at the same time, should have been a clean move.

My old phone was a DROID RAZR M which had a Micro SIM, the DROID MAXX has a Nano SIM so I cannot use the old one.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's definitely not the start we want you to have with your new phone, RiversideKid. I see you mentioned both the old phone and new phone were off at the time of activation online. To be sure, has your old phone remained either powered off or in Airplane Mode this entire time? Are there any other devices that were previously used on your number that may be powered on as well? As an alternative to simply powering off your phone then back on, while it's powered down please remove the SIM for about 30 seconds before putting it back in and powering the phone on.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

JenniferH, Thank you for your concern.  My situation has grown worse as today I could not make outbound calls even when the VoLTE is turned on.

I have removed the SIM card from the old phone while on the phone with the VZW representative the day I activated the new phone.  The old phone has been off without a SIM card since.  We also removed the SIM card from the new phone and left it out of the phone a while before replacing it and powering the new phone back on. 

For older phones, none of my old phones could have been turned on recently.

Is there anything else I can do to make my new phone work reliably?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RiversideKid,

We definitley want to make sure we get your new device up and running properly. Lets dive a little deeper here. Are the call issues happening everywhere or just specific areas? Is the issue occurring on every call? How are things with texts & data, are they ok?

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have experienced the problem while in several areas, home, work and between the two (while I have WiFi and while I do not) but I have also been able to make some outbound calls.  It seems this is not a consistent problem but does happen nearly half the time.

Data and texting work fine, at least I am unaware of any missed text messages.

Thank you for the continued posts as this continues to be a problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RiversideKid, I have reached out to you in direct message. I look forward to your response.

SandyS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RiversideKid
Enthusiast - Level 2

To provide a follow up, Verizon had to perform some type of reset on their end and my phone works on a 3G network.  The representative described it as though my chip would look like a new account to the network.

(I post this reply because i have seen several threads where this error was described, but the thread usually gets lost when a Verizon person offers to help, which generally means that they were able to solve it, but without confirmation.  I wanted to confirm that Verizon was able to solve this issue so that is definitely the path to take.)