Cannot add or retreive contacts on Samsung Galaxy S4
dfrench24

I cannot save, retreive or contacts.  When I try to add a contact, it appears to save it; but it doesn't appear in my contacts list.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot add or retreive contacts on Samsung Galaxy S4
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In the Contacts app settings, do you have Contacts to Display set to All?

0 Likes
dfrench24

Yes.  Contacts to display:  I have selected "all contacts."  Options include different email addresses I have, device, What's Up, etc.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dfrench24

This is odd! When did this issue start? Have you tried powering your phone off and on? Have you ever backed up your contact information? Please provide additional detail to we can retrieve these missing contacts.

JorgeO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dfrench24

It started several months ago.  I have, of course, powered off and on several times in past few months.  Backed up contact information from which device and backed up to where?  When I try to access contacts, the phone just freezes up until I get a notice asking if I want to continue waiting or cancel the request.  When I try to save a contact, the phone goes through the usual process and one would think that the contact entry has been saved; but when I go to contacts, the contact is not listed.  I also cannot identify any contacts as "Favorites."

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information dfrench24! Please ensure that you are following the steps at this link http://vz.to/1yP5Z8O step number 4 is critical. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
dfrench24

Got to step 3 (tap the plus sign in top-right corner).  Got message, "Contacts isn't responding.  Do you want to close it?"  Two options: Wait or Ok.  I kept clicking on "wait" and it just keeps poping up the same message.  Eventually, I did get a black screen (blank except for the top row that has time, battery level, bluetooth symbol, etc).  Then, the message poped up two more times and I kept clicking on wait.  Finally, it opened up the new contact page and I followed Step 5 and saved a new contact.  Then, it went back to blank screen again.  Same message popped up and I answered "Wait" several times.  Finally, list of all my contacts poped up; but then the screen was frozen.  Click on contacts, favorites, groups, phone and nothing happens.  Then, I got the same message asking if I want to wait of close contacts.  I couldn't scroll or anything.  Finally, I gave up and closed it.

I tried to open contacts again and it openned.  I tried to scroll down and it scrolled down one page and froze up again.  Same old message finally came up to wait or close Contacts.  It is just unusable.

0 Likes