Cannot activate prepaid smartphone
m_luna726

Hello! Today, I bought an LG Optimus Exceed 2 at Best Buy. It's been already 2 hours since I bought it and I have tried to activate it and I can't. I have tried going to verizonwireless.com/activate and activate it there but i can't. It gives me an error basically saying that they cannot process my request. Ive tried calling customer service but it asks me for a verizon wireless phone number... Which I do not have. Please help, im desperate.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot activate prepaid smartphone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello m_luna726! Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with activating your phone. Are you a new customer? You should still have an assigned mobile number even with our prepaid accounts. I would recommend reaching out to our Prepaid Department at 888-294-6804. Once you verify your mobile number, and call the number, when prompted, enter the prepaid phone number.
Then press 4, 5, 4 and then enter your pass code for your account.  If you do not know the pass code enter in four zeros.  Then the system will transfer you to a Prepaid representative. Please let us know if you need anything further. I trust this information will prove to be helpful. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You try going to a corporate store?

0 Likes
m_luna726

I haven't gone yet since its quite late 😕 I guess that would be my only option. But why isnt the system working? Is it working for anyone else?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello m_luna726! Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with activating your phone. Are you a new customer? You should still have an assigned mobile number even with our prepaid accounts. I would recommend reaching out to our Prepaid Department at 888-294-6804. Once you verify your mobile number, and call the number, when prompted, enter the prepaid phone number.
Then press 4, 5, 4 and then enter your pass code for your account.  If you do not know the pass code enter in four zeros.  Then the system will transfer you to a Prepaid representative. Please let us know if you need anything further. I trust this information will prove to be helpful. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZW Support

0 Likes