Cannot access the Android Market with brand new Droid
JeffHarbert

I bought my Droid just yesterday.  The phone itself works fine.  3G and WiFi work with no problems.  I can browse the web, use the Gmail app, etc.  However, I cannot access the Android Market.  When I try I get one of two errors:

"A server error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

or

"A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

So far I've pulled the battery, turned my phone off overnight, performed a factory reset (twice), tried a different Google account, deleted and re-entered my credit card info in Google Checkout, and tried 3G and WiFi together and separately.  NOTHING has worked.

Any other ideas?  So far my Droid is less useful to me than my two year old Blackberry 8330 was.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot access the Android Market with brand new Droid
mcreynolds31

I'm getting the same error. Last night I accessed the Market using the old 1.5, but this morning after updating to the 2.1 on my ERIS I've started getting the error...

0 Likes
Re: Cannot access the Android Market with brand new Droid
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

mcreynolds31 wrote:

I'm getting the same error. Last night I accessed the Market using the old 1.5, but this morning after updating to the 2.1 on my ERIS I've started getting the error...

Try this from from your phone:

*#*#checkin#*#*

Do NOT hit "send", just type it in and you should get a message that it was either a Success or not...see if that works and let me know!

0 Likes