Cannot View Files
BrianCJ7

My droid2 screen permanently froze and cannot do ANYTHING except turn on and off w/ power button.  I got a new phone and must return this one, except I cannot until I get my files off it (pics, etc...).   Problem is, the last setting I had was "when plugged into computer to CHARGE ONLY"  Now I cannot get to my files as it is read as removable disk and says "insert disk" when I try to open it....Please help me figure out how to view and access my phone files so I can avoid $500 Charges  on my bill.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Cannot View Files
Not applicable

In your settings if you can get in to settings set it as a mass storage USB device. If it is showing a drive letter double click it and see if the photos etc are all there. I know you said it is saying insert disk. You might also try a different USB port on your computer to see if the phone connects as a USB mass storage device. Some devices you can swipe down or up and the ability to change the designation is listed there.

As a last resort you can read the owners manual and do a factory wipe and then no information or files will exist.

Good Luck

0 Likes