Cannot Send or receive MMS on new Galaxy S5. APN settings locked.
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Within messaging settings, MMSC field is "Not set" and cannot be edited -- it should be http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms.  Does Verizon acknowledge this and is there a fix?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Cannot Send or receive MMS on new Galaxy S5. APN settings locked.
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

My account had picture and video messaging blocked before I upgraded phones.  I didn't care before because I wasn't paying for unlimited texting, but when I upgraded to a plan that had unlimited SMS and MMS, the MMS block from my previous plan carried forward.  I'm disappointed in Verizon for not recognizing this with their initial robot-reply to this thread.  You'd think they could look at my account--they know who I am!  "Looks like you have picture and video messaging blocked on your account, you'll need to to an Authorized Verizon Dealer to have your account updated and receive a new SIM Card since for some reason we can't update it."   It's fixed now.  New SIM Card.  No charge (at least there's that).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BG1234567,

We want to be sure your device is set up correctly. The APN settings should not need to be edited. What were you trying to accomplish with changing the settings? Was there something wrong with your messages going in/out?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, there is something wrong with MMS messages.  MMS messages cannot be sent and others cannot send them to me. 

0 Likes
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'll add, the workaround to turn off Wi-Fi does not work.  This is not failing because I'm using my home's Wi-Fi. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

MMS messages don't transfer over wifi

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that.  That's not the problem.  What does your MMSC field say within your APN settings?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried the "reset to default" option in the menu button?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BG1234567
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. The phone was shipped with this setting.  I've had it less than a week.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Get a new SIM card. The SIM card is where the information is loaded from anyway.

0 Likes
Y0diggity1

BG1234567 Did you ever find a solution? I need to adjust my APN settings and it's all grayed out. I'd love to find the solution.

0 Likes