Re: Cannot Get Verification Code Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TomRVA1, thanks for those details. Is your software up to date?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes
TomRVA1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What software?  My Verizon is a web app which does not use an installed client. 

My phone is Android 9 Version PPYS29.105-160-4-5 Security patch level April 1, 2020.

0 Likes
TomRVA1
Enthusiast - Level 3

The problem is fixed!  It was indeed a bad SIM.  I got a replacement today and it fixed the SMS problems I was having.

The best guide I found for troubleshooting the problem is located here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TomRVA1, we do appreciate you for the details on your software for the device. Does this issue occur whenever you are using any messaging application? JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
TomRVA1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, other messaging apps (e.g., Verizon Messages) misbehaved similarly.

The problem was a defective SIM.  It has been replaced which fixed the problem.  See the "correct answer" post in this thread.

0 Likes
IreneXu
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also had the same issue, I cannot receive any verification message. Is there a way to fix this issue? 

KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know it's important to be able to get verification texts. We are here to help. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far, IreneXu?*Rebecca

0 Likes