Can you restore text messages from Verizon Cloud to a Samsung Stratosphere?
ToddSchoonover

I pocket erased all my text messages.  I have them backed up to the Cloud supposedly, but can't figure out how to download them back onto my phone.  Went to a Verizon Wireless store today and they were useless.  They didn't know anything about using Cloud.  Looking online here, it appears that I should be able to select them and restore them, but I don't have the download option when I'm in Cloud.

Any alternatives to Cloud to restore these deleted texts too?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can you restore text messages from Verizon Cloud to a Samsung Stratosphere?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use a third party sms backup app from the Play Store, but it needs to be installed and running prior to the messages deleting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could use a third party sms backup app from the Play Store, but it needs to be installed and running prior to the messages deleting.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
humbledvapor

This hasn't been answered!  What the heck? 

I need to RESTORE messages that have previously been synched to the Cloud.  What the hell is the point of having stuff "backed up" to the Cloud if we can't restore it!!

Using a third party SMS backup app is not the answer to this question.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know it's important to backup those precious messages humbledvapor! I'm sorry if you're using Verizon Cloud it will not support the backup of messages using a third party app. Please see these FAQ's for more info.

http://tiny.cc/c3zv7w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The poster was trying to restore their messages FROM the Verizon Cloud. Read it again please.

FlxZCat

I spent about 15 minutest trying to have the same question answered by the Verizon tech support people.  The first answer I received was that it was not possible to restore the messages.  When I asked why the Verizon Cloud offered the option to save messages, I was told to hold. About 5 minutes later, I was told that I had to open the Messages app and wait for the messages to download.  I had done that for two hours and nothing....Finally, I decided to save all the messages on the phone's SIM card using the Messages' "Save Conversations" option.  I then, transferred the SIM card to the new phone, told it to "Restore Messages from SIM card and viola. All the messages were restored.  I hope this helps. Until Verizon figures out the glitch in their app, this is the best way to restore your text messages.

0 Likes
Beauty200121
Enthusiast - Level 1

Go to cloud app. Tap on the menu button on top left of app. Go to Tools. Tap on Content Restore and it will prompt you to choose the items you would like to restore and then the process will begin. I hope this info was helpful.

woostermatt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried this today but looks like they've changed the app. I can see all my archived text messages, but do not see the option to restore. Wow. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woostermatt,

I know how important it is to make sure you have all the information you need about your text messages. I'm constantly going back to reference my text messages. So let's figure this out together. Please tell me more information. What is the latest software your device is on? Are you currently part of the Verizon Wireless Family? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes