Can't send sms text message
lpurtee

I've got a brand new Galaxy 10+ and I'm showing 3 to 4 "bars" for connection to the Verizon Wireless network but when I try to send an sms text message it errors out and I get a "can't send message" error with nothing else. I can "fix" the problem by going into airplane mode then back out forcing my phone to reconnect to the Verizon network then resend the text. This seems to also affect receiving texts and in some cases make outbound phone calls.

Any idea why I'm showing a strong connection to the Verizon network but can't really connect!

thanks

LJ Purtee

0 Likes
Re: Can't send sms text message
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lpurtee, This isn't the experience we want for you with your new phone. Tell us which messaging application are you using (Message+, standard app, or third party)?

TrinetteW_VZW

0 Likes
lpurtee

I'm using the standard messaging app that came on my Galaxy 10+ phone. It seems to be a network connection issue. It's only happening in some areas of our building in Downtown Seattle

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ipurtee,

I'm definitely sorry to hear you're having trouble sending your messages online. We want to keep you connected with everyone you need to be. Do you know if others have similar problems in the same areas? How does data work in these locations?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Alc1624

Having the same issue with my note 9 and no one seems to know how to fix. Please advise.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no Alc1624. We never like to hear that you are having trouble with messages on your Note 9. Do you recall any changes happening to your device around the time this issue began? Have you ever had any issues or anything with your SIM card by chance? Which texting app are you using on your phone?

0 Likes