Can't send picture messages
aliciamgetz

My droid razr hd will not let me send out any picture messages. When I try to send them I get a notification that the picture was unable to send.

When I first got the phone last month I was able to send them. I am still able to receive pic messages.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't send picture messages
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off wi-fi (leaving mobile data on) and see if they'll send/receive.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is cellular data on and wifi off?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aliciamgetz,

How bizarre! Good thing there's nothing too odd that we can't handle. First of all, may I ask if you're having any issues hooking up to 4G or 3G? Zip code? Do you use a third party messaging app? Are you hooked up to Wi-Fi when this happens? And finally, are these issues intermittent or does it happen each time to try to send a picture message? For now, please delete old text messages and then remove/reinsert the SIM card for a network resync. Please give that a shot, test, and fill me in on the rest.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same issue with my Samsung S3.  I can receive pictures in messages and send them through email but cannot send any through messaging.  WiFi is connected, Mobile Data is on with 2 bars and 4G service.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try turning off wi-fi (leaving mobile data on) and see if they'll send/receive.

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

That worked, though I had done that before the soft reset and *228.

Thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

When wi-fi and cellular data are both on, the phone should switch seamlessly between the two, but sometimes it doesn't.

And please don't dial *228 to update your PRL ... that can cause issues rather than fix them!  Updating the PRL on a 4G phone is accomplished via the SIM card ... either power off your phone, wait a few minutes, then power back on OR turn off the phone, remove the SIM card (be careful not to touch the gold contacts), wait a couple of minutes, then replace the SIM card, turn the phone back on, and wait a minute or two for the phone to re-establish a network connection.

0 Likes
RedRaspberry
Enthusiast - Level 3

I turn the phone off every night.  I have before turned off the WiFi.  I don't know why it worked this time other than I did remove the battery.  And when I did the *228 I did get a message something was updated.

0 Likes