Can't send pics via text
UncleWaldo

I know people have asked this question multiple times, but I'm not finding a useable answer.

First, I'm on a Galaxy Nexus using Android 4.2.2

I know about the WiFi issue when sending photos: WiFi is off.

I know about the size restriction – photos I'm trying to send are less than 100k.

I know about shutting down the phone and rebooting... that's ridiculous to have to do that each time I send a pic and it only works half the time.

I've checked all the Settings options based on what others online have said to try.

I know Android's native SMS app is crap... I've also tried using both Chomp SMS and Textra with the same results.

Nothing seems to work consistently.

For ever there was no problem with sending photos via text... then a couple of months ago the photos started to hang. On the native text app, they would just say "sending" for about 15 minutes, then you'd get a red exclamation point telling you it didn't send.

On Chomp SMS, all I got was "photo is too large, compressing" ...which was stupid because these were less than 100k photos.

Just downloaded Textra and the first time I tried to send a photo I get back: No valid recipients for this MM... And I was just texting them not 5 minutes earlier!

This is really getting ridiculous – doesn't anyone have a valid answer for this issue? I know I'm not the only one have these problems.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send pics via text
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

UncleWaldo,

Sorry to hear that your picture messaging has not been working lately. Here to help get you back up and running.

Aside from the steps provided, have you attempted to perform a hard reset? http://vz.to/1cf11wn then test? Are these messages being sent to iPhone users only?

EfrainM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
UncleWaldo

No, I haven't tried the nuclear option. Lately, whenever that method is suggested to use with a phone I've owned, I've ignored it... because the one or two times I did do that I've lost important things that didn't get backed up and usually wasted a few days trying to get the phone back to where it was in the first place. Sorry, but I don't have time to screw around with a method that rarely works.

Plus I've read that this has been suggested to a number of other users who have tried it and found no success.

As for only iPhone users... no... I've had problems with iPhone users in the past, but this is also with Android users.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi

It sounds like you have done most of the things I can think of, short of a reset.  I'm curious.  Do you think it might be a poor network connection to Verizon?  Maybe shutting down and removing the Sim card for a minute and then reinstalling it will force update the phone's PRL.  This might give you a better connection.  Give it a shot and let me know.

Doc

UncleWaldo

Already did that. No luck.

Jay

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for following up. Let's take a further look into this. Has the device software been altered in any way?  I would suggest clearing text threads and then heading into Settings > Applications > Manage Apps > Messages and clear data and cache ( if possible ) I would suggest testing the device in Safe Mode, http://vz.to/1ftlOzk . Keep us posted to the results.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
djtimmy77

My wife and I have Galaxy Nexus phones, as does my sister.  We are all having the same problem sending MMS messages.  You have to delete the message, reboot, and resend to get it to work.  Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.  We have deleted our entire text message history as well as our entire photo galleries (after transferring to backup) and that did not help.

We also have all been getting notifications when MMS messages come in, but when you click on them, you get a blank message screen and the photo is lost.  Have to ask the sender to re-send and then re-boot before they do.

These issues happen with both I-phones and androids. 

My guess is it is intentional to get us to buy new phones.

0 Likes
UncleWaldo

Yup, same problem here.

I've gone so far as to download CHOMP SMS to see if a different app would make a difference... it's hit and miss. Sometimes they go and sometimes they don't. And when they don't, I power down the phone, reboot it, go to the original MMS msg and double-click the image. Then I hear the "schwup" sound (that's from Chomp) telling me my msg/image has been sent.

I've counted hundred of people complaining about this but all we get are suggestions that require us to whip out all of our messages or try the nuclear option (return to factory settings).

When it comes down to it... MMS is just wonky on our phones.

0 Likes
susan_acker

If anyone is having this problem still, I solved by re~enabling various apps I had un~enabled. I didnt hv any issues til I stopped and unenabled a ton of apps. I dont know which one it was but turning one of them back on solved the problem.

0 Likes
LadyWolf2u

It can't be intentional as I just purchased the Galaxy 20. Having the same issue, after it working for years. Since the comments here list all fixes tried with no success, I'm hesitant to try them.  I refuse to do a reset, BTW, love the comment about the nuclear option. SOMEONE AT VERIZON NEEDS TO FIX THIS!!!

0 Likes