Can't send MMS with Droid Maxx - Keeps saying "sending" and never does. I've tried a factory reset, deleting messaging app data and threads, disconnecting from wifi and only using 3G (in a 3G only area still). Any ideas?
lovethoseleaves

I just got a Droid Maxx after using an iPhone with ATT as my provider, mostly because I moved to an area that only has verizon and rumor was that signal was stronger. Beyond the issues of even trying to activate the phone in a 3G only area (in 2014!!), I can't seem to send MMS (picture texts).  It keeps saying "sending" and never actually sendings.

I've tried deleting data in the Messages app (default with the phone), deleting threads, disconnecting from wifi and only using the 3G network, and finally, a factory reset - all to no avail.

Any other ideas? I'd call verizon, but it's Sunday and I'm kind of sick of them right now. Over the past week, I've spent maybe 6 hours of my life on the phone with them troubleshooting problems and driving to weird locations to do things in a 4G area.

Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't send MMS with Droid Maxx - Keeps saying "sending" and never does. I've tried a factory reset, deleting messaging app data and threads, disconnecting from wifi and only using 3G (in a 3G only area still). Any ideas?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lovethoseleaves,

Oh no! I am saddened to hear that you are having troubles with your MMS pictures. I know that this can be an important thing to be able to do. I appreciate you working with us to get this matter resolved as well. I see that you have spent time working with us, and I know that can also be frustrating. There are a few things we can check though. Are these to any specific numbers or all? A factory reset certainly should've resolved this. We can check into the account set up as well for that if need be. Please share any additional details that you can think of. Thanks.

ErinW_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Can't send MMS with Droid Maxx - Keeps saying "sending" and never does. I've tried a factory reset, deleting messaging app data and threads, disconnecting from wifi and only using 3G (in a 3G only area still). Any ideas?
lovethoseleaves

All numbers, even after the factory reset. I'm in a 3G area and that seems to be causing all kinds of problems - unable to activate the device or change the phone number, and I'm wondering if it's also related to the inability to send MMS.  I've currently resorted to Google hangouts and google drive to send MMS. Those are about all the details I had...

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Perhaps it's not your device and mms needs to be reprovisioned on the network. Since you are having those other troubles. See if textra works

0 Likes
lovethoseleaves

Woohoo! It does! Thank you - I'm completely new to android and hadn't heard of or found that app before. I just installed it and it works!

The network here is a hot mess, I just moved to the area and everything is 3G and getting a signal at all is a blessing (in the Sequoia Redwood forest).

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Oh cool! 🙂

0 Likes