Can't see ringtone purchased
Pashell

Tonight I purchased a ringtone ring back combo from the Verizon website.  I can manage the ring back gone but the ringtone isnt showing up on my phone. I got a text message that I have purchased it but the text has nothing attached to it so I cant access the ringtone. Long press or using the menu simply says that there is nothing attached. Help.... I have a Samsung fascinate.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't see ringtone purchased
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Pashell. Ringtones & ringback tones is a great way to customize your device! Let's partner together to get your ringtone on your device my friend! Are you able to browse the web on your phone? If you did not receive the attachment then I would recommend trying to buy the ringtone again. Should you get double charged for the ringtone then please send me a private message so I can remove the duplicate charge. I look forward to your reply. ^AH

0 Likes
Re: Can't see ringtone purchased
stef7
Master - Level 2

Well, it's possible the Android "Media Scanner" hasn't picked it up and placed it in the drop-down ringtone list.

Did you try rebooting the phone?

Also if you connect your phone to the PC, you might be able to find it.

BTW, if on your microSD card, you create a Ringtone sub-directory and stick ringtones there, then reboot your phone, the scanner will pick those up and allow you to select from them.

The media Scanner also knows about subdirectories Notifications and Alarms besides Ringtones.

0 Likes