Can't receive texts on my Android from Iphone users
DMac619

This seems to be a hot topic on the forums.  I'm looking for someone who has fixed this, or a response from Verizon.  I just got a new Galaxy Note 3.  It is a new number (not a previous IPhone user).  I cannot get text messages from IPhone users -- although they get mine (I do not get their responses).

I had one friend change their settings to send sms message when IMessage does not go through and I am getting their messages.  But, that doesn't solve issues -- I would have to know what phones all my contacts are using and get them all to change their settings.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't receive texts on my Android from Iphone users
DMac619

I just tested the fix of having IPhone users change to "send as sms if Imessage not available"  That works for individual texts, but not group texts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DMac619, congratulations on your upgrade to a new Samsung Note 3 device! Let's make sure that your mobile number is stored in those iPhones correctly. It's important that only the 10 digit mobile number is saved. If there is a 1 your 10 digit mobile number, then the iPhone device may identify it as another iPhone user. As a result, it will try to send you an iMessage. Tell your iPhone friends to correct your contact information and then reset the network settings on their devices in Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Julie1212

I have the Samsung Galaxy S 4.  I can receive text messages from Iphone users but they can NOT receive my texts.  So the exact opposite of all the problems I have read about.  Not getting any answers about this.  I have never owned an Iphone either so no need to contact Apple.  Any help would be appreciated.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is certainly a mystery Julie1212! Let's get to the bottom of this messaging issue! Do you get any error message when sending to iPhone users? What messaging application do you use? What happens if you reply to a message from an iPhone user? What if you send a message entering their phone number with a 1 in front? Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Is this for iPhone users on all carriers?  Just curious whether it is a carrier problem or not.

0 Likes
Julie1212

I can receive the Iphone message but when I send a message back whether replying or sending a new message all they receive is a blank bubble. 😕

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry they are having issues receiving your text Julie1212. The issue is not with your phone. The issues is with their text application. Have they check their phone?

Kinquana_VZw
follow us on TWitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes