Can't receive texts from just one contact
amyhs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi there Verizon Gurus,

I have a Verizon Android. I am not able to RECEIVE texts from ONE friend. I was always able to until just a few weeks ago, but now they don't come through. She receives mine, and I can receive her phone calls just fine, but not her texts. I tried deleting all of our previous texts + deleting her from my contact list and then re-entering her. I don't get any error messages and neither does she.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
Can't receive texts from just one contact
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you previously have an iPhone, and does she have one?  I have seen this a lot around here where a former iPhone user has to detach their number from iMessage to be able to receive texts from other iPhone users.

0 Likes
Re: Can't receive texts from just one contact
amyhs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi--thanks so much for replying so quickly! I have a Verizon Android (have never had an iPhone) and my friend has Att/iphone4  (again, I used to receive her texts just fine until a month or so ago--both with the same phones)

0 Likes
amyhs
Enthusiast - Level 2

demmo86rt, do you have any thoughts about my problem based on the above info? Thanks!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, no, other than you may want to confirm that she is not having issues sending texts to others as well, just to try and eliminate the problem being on her end.  Other than what I mentioned above, I don't see any reason why texts from one other person wouldn't get through.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Have you had her delete YOU as a contact and add you back?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amyhs,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble receiving this persons text. We definitely want to make sure you get all communication. I appreciate your attempts to fix the issue thus far, that helps eliminate steps. From what you have described it does not sound like the issue is on your end. If she is receiving your messages and you are not having any other troubles on your end then your end is working. She may want to check with her provider, but one thing to have her check is to try to send you messages while her imessage is turned off. Are these just texts that don't go through, or picture messages as well? You each should try sending messages to yourselves and see if you receive them. Keep us updated on the status, but after reviewing what has been provided, it looks to be on the others end.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
AOB

I have this same problem. I can't receive texts from an AT&T/iPhone user.  I could receive texts from them before changing from my Sprint/Galaxy SII to my Verizon/Galaxy Legend with a NEW phone #, so it MUST be Verizon or my Legend phone. Both of us deleted our entire text thread with our contact info and reentered. I'm told that changing my phone # might possibly fix it! But it must be my end if it worked prior to changing cell phone and plan.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AOB,

We want you to be able to fully enjoy texting all phones and carriers. Let's check into this texting issue. Are you currently on our prepaid services? If so, have you tried to dial *22899 to reprogram your phone. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

is this person texting you with the 7 digit number or the 10 digit phone number If the 7 digit number maybe they should try the 10 Digit number to see if that helps...

0 Likes