Can't make or receive calls or texts. I have FULL signal.
theroamer

I have 100% full signal, all bars are there. I CAN NOT MAKE OR RECEIVE  phone calls or text messages!! Started to happen on 6/17/2013. I have  the Samsung Galaxy. My wife and I and a friend  have the same phone and they are having the same problem as me. THEY  can not make calls or receive calls or text messages as well........they  have full signal too!!! Again, this has been happening since 6/17/2013.  IT IS ONLY HAPPENING IN MY HOMETOWN AREA!!! THE TOWN WHERE I LIVE!! WHEN I  LEAVE MY TOWN...half mile north or half mile south-IT WORKS FINE AGAIN... WHEN I COME HOME, NO CALLS, NO TEXTS, AND  THERE IS FULL SIGNAL. WHEN I TRY MAKING A CALL I WATCH THE SIGNAL, I  PRESS SEND, THE SIGNAL IS FULL SIGNAL, AND 15 SECONDS LATER IT DROPS  THE CALL (message says call ended). DOESN'T CONNECT THE CALL. THE TOWN IS WILLIAMSVILLE NY. THE  ZIP CODE IS 14221. ACADEMY STREET, MILL STREET, SCHOOL ST, EAGLE ST all in zip code 14221. These phones are our ALL IN ONE phones. We don't have home phones. We can't call anyone while at home . THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE  VERIZON TOWER THAT SERVICES THIS AREA. PLEASE HELP!

AGAIN...THIS  IS HAPPENING TO ME, MY WIFE, AND FRIENDS.  IT ONLY IS HAPPENING IN ZIP CODE 14221 WHERE WE ALL LIVE. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE OTHER VERIZON CUSTOMERS HAVING THIS ISSUE HERE (14221) AS WELL. IT'S  NOT OUR PHONES. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE SERVICE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't make or receive calls or texts. I have FULL signal.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is a customer-to-customer forum, not Customer Service.  It does sound like it could be a tower issue, from what you're describing.  Have you tried contacting Customer Service via chat or social media?

0 Likes
theroamer

Yes. Called them. They don't take me seriously. They closed two trouble tickets that I opened. Saying the problem has been resolved. They also told me on numerous calls that I was not the only one, and that there were numerous open trouble cases for the area. I don't get it. How do I post this to have customer service see it here in the forum??? Thank you!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon reps occasionally roam the forum and respond to posts, but they don't respond to every post and the ones they do respond to, it's sometimes a week or longer after the post is left.  You might have better luck calling them again, trying the chat feature, or posting to the Twitter support page.  Good luck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

theroamer Having issues with signal is definitely not how we want you to experience wireless service. We take this very seriously because just like you I use my cell phone for everything and recently eliminated my home phone. I would love to help you with this issue, so lets get started. I show you are in an area that has great coverage. I do show multiple customers have reported issues in your area and a few weeks ago, it shows the issue was resolved. You advised that you cant get calls inside your home. Have you always had signal issues inside the home? If you step outside your door, can you make a call, send text, or access data related functions at all? Have you tried to power cycle the devices or perform a master reset. Before you rest the device, lets try a SIM card removal. Power the device off first and follow these steps http://tiny.cc/2gn6yw . This will reconnect you with the towers. You should have your wife and friend perform the same steps. If you continue to have the issues, try performing the hard reset http://tiny.cc/9in6yw . Make sure all information is backed up first. The steps above should help with your issue. If your still having the problems with signal, send us a private message with your name and mobile number. We can try submitting another trouble ticket for the issues so that we continue to inform our technicians in hopes that your area issue is revisited. I truly apologize for the issues your having and that your trouble-tickets were closed without any resolution. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
rosalindd

no...not only happening to you.  I'm in zip code 03301- Concord NH.  PLEASE let me know what you find out.  Right now I'm a security officer without phone.  NOT GOOD!

0 Likes
rosalindd

i'm not sure how to open back cover

0 Likes
rosalindd

do you know how to open back of phone?

0 Likes
coorslt711
Enthusiast - Level 2

44460 here been out for 2 hours now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry if you are having difficulties removing the back cover theroamer. I recommend taking it to a store location. http://bit.ly/3SdsA

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes