Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!!?!
LinuxNinja

Don't use the pre-defined Yahoo profile. It's broken.

Use the Yahoo! Mail app or use the Other mail profile.

This has worked for everyone, so far.

You indicated that "I'm getting Error 503 - Service Unavailable messages when I try to delete my account. Other times I just get "request timeout" type messages."

A factory reset resolves this since it erases everything in your settings.

Make sure you don't let Google restore your settings from backup after the reset. That would defeat the purpose of the factory reset.

0 Likes
DoctorBlueBox
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well, again... this has been dealt with and discussed Smiley Happy  Recall, I started this thread asking that question, and that answer was given three weeks ago. I marked it "helpful". I had no settings with Google on my phone, so at least for my own dealing with this problem, that wasn't a factor. The factory reset didn't resolve anything because the "Error 503" messages continued immediately after the reset.

0 Likes
Bozobrain

Please don't follow this advice (from LinuxNinja, to reset your phone).  It won't help connect Yahoo! mail as an Other account.  If you want to clear out your existing accounts so you can set up Yahoo! as an Other, then you should be able to clear the cache relating to the e-mail app.

On my Stratosphere, I go to Settings->Manage Applications.  Find E-mail, select that, force stop, clear cache.  That should clear out any e-mail accounts without going through the hassle of a factory reset.

0 Likes
Marsh511

Force Stop and Clear Data are greyed out in the Application manager for email.  Only Clear Cache is avaiilable, and nothing changes after doing that.

Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:08 AM

To: >Personal info deleted<

Subject: Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!!?! - Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!

Re: Can't do ANYTHING e-mail related on my Samsung Galaxy Stellar!

created by Bozobrain in Android - View the full discussion

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
JohnC118
Enthusiast - Level 3

This has been fixed if anyone still cares.

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm sorry but it has not been fixed for me as of yet. 

0 Likes
Bozobrain

Me neither.

0 Likes
ke6alv
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been over a month, and a lot of us are still having this problem--on other devices, so it's obviously not *our* issue, but *theirs*, yet they still can't/won't fix it.  I got tired of not being able to check my email, so I just installed the official Yahoo and Hotmail apps, and am using them both without any problems.  Why reset our phones and deal with that whole headache if we don't have to, especially since it doesn't appear to fix the problem???  BTW, I don't use AOL, Verizon.net, or corporate email, so not worried about not being able to check those.

0 Likes
Marsh511

Today, out of the blue, I was finally able to refresh my 2 "Yahoo" email accounts on my Galaxy Note 2.  Not sure what change made this work.  However, I have no faith in the email client continuing to work, so I was also finally able to successfully DELETE the 2 accounts from my GNote2.  I'll continue to use the Yahoo mail app to work with the 2 att.net Yahoo mail-based accounts.  I'm just glad I don't have the footprints of the non-working profiles on the regular email client anymore.

0 Likes
tamerg
Enthusiast - Level 3

The K9 app is finally working for me.  I am finally back to checking my email.  But unfortunately, the native email app still will not communicate with AOL.  My emails are just sitting there and I can't delete the account without doing a factory reset in which I have zero desire to do.

0 Likes