Seems a recent update included something called "car mode" - when your Bluetooth connects, it automatically responds to any text messages you might receive while driving with an annoying message "I'm driving right now, blah blah blah"
Here's what I've tried so far:
settings > language & input > text to speech > (there's supposed to be an option to choose "driving mode" here but there's nothing)
notifications panel > car mode - I have car mode "off" but a message is still sent if someone texts me when I'm driving
Solved! Go to Correct Answer
CanuckInTexas we'll pinpoint the issue and get the device running smoothly again! You're correct, there should be a Driving/Car Mode option under Text to Speech. What software version are you running?
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
I checked - and the only update available is something to do with a blue
tooth headset. That's not applicable to me. What next?
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <
from what I read in that thread it seems there is a recommendation to Go to settings, app mgr, swipe to all, go to messaging app--- forse stop/close, clear cache and clear data...........
I'm reluctant to do so - there's no indication that this works and I'm concerned I'm going to lose all my text messages
Unsure why Verizon isn't able to provide clear, concise information on how to stop/disable the AUTO REPLY when driving "feature".
Thank You - I tried that - but when I went into text message setting the "driving mode" box was already un-checked.......so I don't think that's it either. Unless you have to perform this procedure while paired with your blue tooth device......
Car Mode is a HORROR SHOW
1. Go into Notification Panel and Drag your Car Mode Icon to where it says Active Buttons.
2. Swipe Down on Home Screen to get your Toolbar
3. In the top right of your ToolBar you will see a box with 4 little squares in it - Kind of Resembles Windows Start Button.
4. Now you'll see the Car Mode Button
5. Hit the Car Mode button and keep going thru setup until you see the "Open on Bluetooth" option and un-check it.
6. This will stop it from coming on when you are in your car and use Bluetooth
>> Edited by Verizon Moderator to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service <<