Can't delete unwanted contacts after Eris 2.1 update
leeannsb

Got the Android 2.1 update for my Eris today.  Got through a few bugs, but there is one thing left that I can't figure out how to take care of.  When my contacts synced, it imported phone numbers for all of my Facebook friend list.  I don't want or need most of these numbers, but when I try to open the contact and go to menu to delete it, there is no delete option.  When I choose to see my People, my regular contact list comes up and I can delete those normally.  Ideas?  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't delete unwanted contacts after Eris 2.1 update
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

I think in order to get rid of them, you have to actually tell the device not to sync FB contacts.

0 Likes
dugdug

I have the same problem. The old version of the facebook app would just sync to my contact list.

The new version which runs on 2.1 will not make that distinction. I had my phone “wiped” by the Verizon store due to another problem, and this process clears all but your regular contact list. When i went in and set the syncing feature to “sync to contacts,” it brought in anyone from my FB page who has a phone number. Very frustrating. Guess we're going to have to wait for an upgrade until they fix this oversight.

0 Likes
jeffgman

dugdug wrote:

I have the same problem. The old version of the facebook app would just sync to my contact list.

The new version which runs on 2.1 will not make that distinction. I had my phone “wiped” by the Verizon store due to another problem, and this process clears all but your regular contact list. When i went in and set the syncing feature to “sync to contacts,” it brought in anyone from my FB page who has a phone number. Very frustrating. Guess we're going to have to wait for an upgrade until they fix this oversight.

If you go into the People app and click on Menu, there is a View option.  You can deselect Facebook and it will not show your Facebook contacts.

0 Likes