Can't clear an Ongoing Notification for a Facebook upload
Clint_D40

Hello,

I have had a facebook upload stuck on "Ongoing Notification" list of my LG ALLY for about  week now.  This will not clear off the notification screen with the "clear" button.  I was wondering if anyone new how to get this off of my notification list. Thank you for your time.

Clint

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can't clear an Ongoing Notification for a Facebook upload
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Ongoing notifications can't be cleared using the clear button. Check facebook to see if it went though. Try to cancel upload from your facebook app. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your phone. If still no success, try a hard reset (battery pull). Then, if needed, redo the upload.
0 Likes
shwnktrna

Ok i was told by the nice people at the verizon store i went to advanced task killer app to use n it works wonders and it is free k i hope that helps

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
vgood
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem.  Advanced Task Killer did not fix the problem ... How I fixed it is the following:

Went to Applications

Settings

Applications (that shows up when scroll down the settings menu)

Manage Applications

click the facebook icon

there should be a button that says "Force stop"

Click on the button and you will be good to go.

This was on a Samsung Stratosphere with Android built in. 

If it is another type of phone you can prob follow similar directions.

If this helps please like the response.

ArnettH_VZW
Verizon Employee

Good morning Clint_D40,

Facebook is my favorite social networking site. Sometimes the Facebook app can be a little glitch-ey. May I ask are you still having issues with your Facebook notification? If so then have you tried the steps that vgood noted? I tried to duplicate the issue and resolve it using the steps that vgood provided and it worked like a charm. If you are still having issues after performing the steps above then please reply to this message for further assistance.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes