Can't be more unhappy with Verizon...
Jhnrchrds

I have had nothing but hassles with Verizon over the past 2-3 month.

My last device had the infamous half screen locking, they sent me a "new" replacement phone. In 3 days' time the replacement did the same thing.. I ended up buying an A50, and 1 month later it isn't able to be charged.

The folks at their Costa Mesa, CA store, did nothing to help. They were dismissive, even tried to send me someplace else.. They offered another replacement phone that I had to wait a couple of days on, which of course will be a garbage refurb..

No accountability, no assistance.. I am going to pay my bill and find another carrier, and don't care about the seperation fees at this stage..

0 Likes
Re: Can't be more unhappy with Verizon...
deloused
Master - Level 3

That’s a good idea, just remember all carriers follow the same manufacturer warranty process, so investing in a better quality phone would also be a good idea since the old saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is very true!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jhnrchrds, we would never want to lose your preference! We're truly sorry to hear about the device issues you've been experiencing these last couple of months. Having a fully functional device is key to staying connected, and we definitely want to make sure that we do everything possible to help.

The great news is that our replacement devices undergo a 100-point inspection to ensure that you receive a like new device. Additionally, your original manufacturer's warranty will transfer to the replacement phone we send. This way, you have peace of mind, knowing you're covered against any hardware issues for the duration of your original warranty. To learn more, please click here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/certified-like-new-replacements/ Did you already receive your replacement device? If so, is it working properly?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Hopefully you’ll instead be able to find a different carrier that you can be more unhappy with than Verizon 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Jhnrchrds wrote:

I have had nothing but hassles with Verizon over the past 2-3 month.

My last device had the infamous half screen locking, they sent me a "new" replacement phone. In 3 days' time the replacement did the same thing.. I ended up buying an A50, and 1 month later it isn't able to be charged.

The folks at their Costa Mesa, CA store, did nothing to help. They were dismissive, even tried to send me someplace else.. They offered another replacement phone that I had to wait a couple of days on, which of course will be a garbage refurb..

No accountability, no assistance.. I am going to pay my bill and find another carrier, and don't care about the seperation fees at this stage..

As mentioned, other carrier are the same.  

It’s been several years since all carriers separated equipment from service.   With good reason. Most of the older basic phones could tolerate years of use and abuse because they were not all that technical. Now we have $1000 mini computers that are extremely high tech.  The possibility of error is greater.  

So carriers split and discounted service and will no longer take responsibility for a product they didn’t build.  

The remedy available to you is warranty or insurance, or buying your own replacement.  

0 Likes