Re: Can't add/update nickname to phone numbers on Verizon website
Turtleswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too have been having this problem off & on for quite some time now.  I thought they had fixed it because I was able to do it for a few weeks...now I can't again!  I would think that one of Verizon's techs would be able to fix this bug...& fix it permanently!

0 Likes
Katsat88
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mine  is working now, but the problem has come and gone in the past, just like for you. Hope yours gets fixed.

Turtleswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

You and me both! Hope yours STAYS fixed!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Turtleswife,

So sorry to see that the problem has returned! Let's get to the bottom of it! Could you share with us what make and model computer you are using and which web browser? Could you try logging out of MyVerizon, clearing the cookies and cache on th web browser and logging back in. Let us know if that resolves the issue or it is still a problem.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Turtleswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

At home I use a Lenovo Ideapad Z570 laptop.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
LenaA_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks for replying. I would recommend deleting any saved browser cookies and and retest.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Katsat88
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I got rid of cookies, wouldn’t I lose all the nicknames I already have?

Kathleen

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching back out,  Katsat88. We can help out with this! Clearing your cookies helps out locally with your PC. Your nicknames will not be affected by clearing that out. No worries!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Katsat88
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried this and it didn’t make any difference whatsoever. I restarted my computer and no difference.

I can’t add any nicknames on my computer, my iPhone, and my iPad.

I was able to a few days ago, but again, it’s back to not working. Very frustrating.

Kathleen

0 Likes
sunnydaze2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem - cannot add a nickname when using the Verizon Website.  I haven't been able to do so in quite some time.  In the past I would view my usage and click on the phone number and was able to enter a Nickname.  The website acts as if it's going thru the motions to add; however, the number still appears and no nickname is saved.

This is a very helpful tool and it's very frustrating that it no longer works.  It's not the cookies nor our specific computers as I've also cleared cookies, used different browsers, and different computers.  It appears to be a problem on the Verizon website.