Can't add/update nickname to phone numbers on Verizon website
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

This has been going on for a while now.  When I go to the Verizone website and want to add a nickname to a phone number I have called, it doesn't do it. Anyone know what the problem is?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can't add/update nickname to phone numbers on Verizon website
Turtleswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well today, I'm happy to report that I am now able to add/update a nickname to a phone number on my call log. Thank you for whatever it is you did - you fixed it! Hopefully, it stays fixed. Smiley Happy

TurtlesWife

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's strange, Litespeed. Are you referring to the nickname you add to your call logs in My Verizon so you can see the nickname on future call records online? Or are you referring to the nickname you can add to a phone number on your account to make viewing individual line usage a little easier? What happens when you try to add the nickname?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Adding a nickname to a phone number on my account to making viewing individual line usage easier.  When I click on the phone number, it comes up with the little box to add the nickname.  I put in the nickname and click on it, but nothing happens.  It use to work just fine.

0 Likes
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now this is getting really weird.  I have my husband's phone number and mine.  When I click on his phone number, under usage and try to add a nickname, it works fine.  When I try to do it to my phone numbers, it doesn't work.

0 Likes
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I go to the Verizon website site, under my account and it shows the two phones we have.  I click on My Usage, and then go to the individual phone number I want to see what numbers I have called.  When I go to my husbands phone calls, I can add a nickname to the phone numbers, but when I try to do it to my phone number, it won't work.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The line associated with the account owner might have the nickname changing option. The other lines on the account might not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I've run into the same issue; sometimes it works on some of the lines, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it works on all lines.  Quite annoying.

0 Likes
Litespeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am the account owner and before I have always had the option of adding a nickname to my phone number or my husbands.

0 Likes
Turtleswife
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have been having the same exact problem! They told me everything was working fine. Well obviously, it's not! I am the account holder and have always been able to add update/nickname to my line and my husband's.  Now I can't do it on either.  I wish they would fix this as this was a very handy feature.  Any new developments for you?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I was able to add nicknames on two of my lines just this morning.  But as noted earlier, sometimes it doesn't allow me to add them and so far I've not detected a pattern as to why not.

0 Likes