Can someone explan the New every 2, BOGO deal, etc.
joiksss

Ok I see the Droid Eris is currently BOGO but when I go to upgrade my phones, it doesn't show me the option to get the BOGO deal.  I have two lines on my account.  The primary line is eligible for new every two in 1 week, and the other is eligible in March I believe. 

What do I have to do to get the deal?  Wait for the primary to hit new every two?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can someone explan the New every 2, BOGO deal, etc.
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

droidbogo_091217.jpg

Note the line that says "with new 2yr activation... per smartphone." While you may or may not be able to get Verizon to work with you on this, existing lines don't *technically* qualify for the BOGO deal.

0 Likes
joiksss

Interesting.

I've had one in-store rep who told me that I can come in and get the BOGO and will have to pay a higher price BUT I will be able to use mail in rebates to get the deal.  Then I had an online rep that said that since i'm not eligible for full upgrade yet then I don't qualify at the moment.  I'm assuming they meant new every two, I don't know.  That's what lead to my question of if I need to be new every eligible first (next week) to upgrade and get BOGO.

So both reps informed me that it is possible for me (a current customer) to get it, just the way I have to go about it was explained differently.  THis is all too confusing.  Anyone know?

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

joiksss wrote:

Interesting.

I've had one in-store rep who told me that I can come in and get the BOGO and will have to pay a higher price BUT I will be able to use mail in rebates to get the deal.  Then I had an online rep that said that since i'm not eligible for full upgrade yet then I don't qualify at the moment.  I'm assuming they meant new every two, I don't know.  That's what lead to my question of if I need to be new every eligible first (next week) to upgrade and get BOGO.

So both reps informed me that it is possible for me (a current customer) to get it, just the way I have to go about it was explained differently.  THis is all too confusing.  Anyone know?

IMO:

Technically and based on what you posted earlier, you do not qualify for the BOGO deal.  Both lines have to be OFF contract, not necessarily NEW lines.  There are mixed results from people trying to get early upgrades.  Some have had success, others have not.  Your best bet would be to try in-store.  They have leeway in these matters as do the online folks, but groveling usually has a larger effect when seen over just being heard.  The down side to the store is no instant rebates, so you'll have to come out of pocket with a little more cash to start with.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Your two lines are apparently on different time tables.  That is interesting.  Here is the way the contracts work. 

12 month contract means your contract will be up after 12 months you can upgrade after 10 months and you do not get any new every 2 credit.

24 month contract means your contract will be up after 24 months but you can upgrade after 12 months with either a 1 year contract or paying a early upgrade fee (I have never had to pay that so this must be fairly new or I have just been lucky) or you can upgrade after 20 months with a New Every 2 credit (beginning this year that is 25 for low end rate plans and 50 for the higher ones). 

Secondary lines on a family share plan are not eligable for early upgrades or for new every 2.  They can only upgrade for the contract price of their choosing at the 10 month for a 1 year contract and 20 month for a 2 year contract.  The only exceptions I know of to this are exceptional groveling at the right store on the right date to the right manager, and if you have had multiple returns/exchanges or warranty claims in the time you have had it for legitimate manufacturer problems.  Sometimes those two things combined can make a pretty good case for an early upgrade to a secondary line.  I wouldn't count on either working though.  My E815 was exchanged more times than the Flu in a Kindergarten but I had to wait out my contract.

Since I put my wife (then girlfriend) on my plan I have always waited until both phones were eligable for upgrade.  Sometimes that was really frustrating for me since I tend to get frustrated with my phone after about a year or so and want some new fancy something or another and I could do it but in order to get her the best phone possible we wait so I could use my New Every 2 and we could get whatever was the best BOGO or use the NE2 on her phone so she would have what she wanted and I could get what I wanted.  The times that frustrated me were the times that I waited so we could do that and we both wanted phones that were free with new contracts so we didn't have to use BOGO's or the NE2.  That felt like a waste.  When I was single I would early upgrade almost every time for whatever feature phone struck my fancy and/or was free with new 2 year agreement.

0 Likes
k9cop

So from what I can tell the answer is no, unless you are good at verbal judo or just lucky. Correct?

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It doesn't hurt to have a black belt in verbal Judo and be lucky. 

0 Likes