Can call friend and receive texts/calls from them but I cannot text them
Robbob181

Hello,

I just switched to Verizon and cannot text one of my friends.  I can call her and I can receive her texts and calls but she does not receive my texts.  They show as sent but they do not seem to be getting through to her.  We both have Galaxy S4's and her provider is Sprint.  Any helps or tips on what to do would be great!

Thanks,

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can call friend and receive texts/calls from them but I cannot text them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Robbob181,

Welcome to the Verizon Wireless family, we're thrilled to have you with us and want to get those messages flowing ASAP!  What device did you have prior to coming with us? Was the number ported in from your previous carrier? If so, please power off cell phone, remove SIM card, wait a few seconds and re-insert then power ON and test again.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
hltown

I have been having issues. I can not accept texts and the contact does not appear in my contact list. It seems it happens most often when I'm texting/receiving texts from IPhone users. It just gives me a screen that says loading. Never brings the text up, doesn't let me open either. Very Frustrating. This happens once a week. I have taken out battery and waited, nothing. My husband and I are on same plan, I have a Driod Incredible 2 and he has IPhone 5s...can't receive his texts either.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hltown,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. Are you the only one that is having problems with receiving text messages? Have you tried clearing the cache on your Incredible 2? Here are the steps that you will need to do that http://vz.to/1cRb7ml . Please keep us posted.

RobinD_VZW
VZWSupport

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes