Can I use the LG g6 to screen share while streaming live video
Dads2vette

I have no other internet available. I use my LG G6 as a hotspot to use internet to watch live streaming video. It eats up way too much hotspot data so I started watching the videos on the G6. That was ok but I decided I wanted a larger screen and purchased an LG smart TV to miracast to. I can miracast to the TV from the G6 to view stored pics and video but not live stream as it seems the G6 will not allow me to cast the video via wifi and use internet at the same time. I've been told I can use the G6 as a hotspot for the TV but what's the point, I could have done that using the laptop and the real reason was to not use so much high speed hotspot data that Verizon limits. I spent the better part of 4 hours with folks at LG that couldn't help.

Before you suggest getting cable because it's cheaper, I'd love to. However, I live in the middle of nowhere, completely off-grid. Nearest paved road is 10 miles away. Nearest neighbor is 3 miles. No cable comes out here, no electric, no water. The only way to get tv would be satellite and they all stink out here(won't install either.

Thanks,

Dave

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I use the LG g6 to screen share while streaming live video
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some applications might not allow you to stream videos on to the TV. Which applications are you using?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dads2vette

If you are speaking about about which video streaming apps, youtube tv and amazon prime. I've been able to stream both if there is an available internet source other than my phone, as an example was when I first tried miracast at my Mom's place(I don't get any deliveries where I am either so the TV was delivered there).

If you're talking about the apps on the phone and tv to miracast or mirror, I'm using the screen share app already on the phone from settings/share and connect/screen sharing. The Tv recognizes that signal and just ask if I want deny access.

As long as there is another internet source(cable with wifi in this case), I can screen share and livestream.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dads2vette More and more people are cutting the cable cord, so can understand your concerns for being able to Miracast live streams. Do you receive a specific error message when trying to Miracast the live stream from the phone to the TV?

DavidC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes