Can I turn my ringer on remotely?
phonehome2014

I have misplaced my phone in my home and can not find it. The problem is the ringer seems to be off. Is there a way to turn it on without the phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost phone in home.
rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have any apps for finding your phone installed? If so, they probably have a method for activating a sound on your phone.

If not and the battery has not died, you could log into your Google Play account on a computer and install an app such as Android Lost or Lookout. I think you should be able to get a sound to alert you the location of the phone with this. I can't remember if you need to activate it from the phone before it works, but you could give it a try.

View solution in original post

rcschnoor
Legend

Do you have any apps for finding your phone installed? If so, they probably have a method for activating a sound on your phone.

If not and the battery has not died, you could log into your Google Play account on a computer and install an app such as Android Lost or Lookout. I think you should be able to get a sound to alert you the location of the phone with this. I can't remember if you need to activate it from the phone before it works, but you could give it a try.

phonehome2014

Thank you. I will try this.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can make it ring for a couple minutes from a pc

http://www.reddit.com/r/LifeProTips/comments/1vabrf/lpt_lost_your_android_phone_here_is_how_to/

what rcschnoor mentioned will work too, but google's device manager will do this without any apps needed.

rcschnoor
Legend

Forgot about the Android Device Manager.Smiley Happy