Can I switch back to my note 4/sim card if I'm using a moto x/nano sim card now?
jhu8
Enthusiast - Level 2

So my Note 4 had to be serviced so I temporarily switched to my old moto x.  Had to go to verizon to get a new nano sim card.  My phone is coming back tomorrow and will be switching back.  I still have the old micro sim card from my note 4.  Can I just pop that back into my note 4 and be set?  How do I cancel the phone in my moto x?  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I switch back to my note 4/sim card if I'm using a moto x/nano sim card now?
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
Re: Can I switch back to my note 4/sim card if I'm using a moto x/nano sim card now?
mama23dogs
Legend

Only one SIM card can be active with your information at a time. 

i believe you can call and have the Note re activated (with the old sim) which deactivates the sim in the Moto.

wish I could find the number right now.... Phooey.

0 Likes
jhu8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah that's exactly what I'm trying to do.  Just want to activate my note 4 with my old sim card that I still have, and just turn off and inactivate the moto x. 

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
jhu8 Good question. You can insert the previous sim card from the old S4 into the new one and as long as the sim isn't damaged it should work fine.
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jhu8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay great thank you!  Now how do I deactivate the old moto x with the nano sim card that I don't want to use anymore? 

Will the Note 4 and the micro sim automatically update as soon as I pop it in?  I'd imagine something would have to happen because that'd be two sims in two phones, and I just need the note 4 running.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

AS per the link...

To activate a device:

1. Go to the Activate or Switch Device page in My Verizon.
  2. Select the line you want to activate the device on and click Next.
  3. Click Activate Device.
  4. Select one of the available options:
      • I am activating a device that I previously used with this account
        1. A dropdown menu will appear.
        2. Select the device you want to activate from the dropdown.
    • I am activating a device that I have not used with this account
      1. A Device ID field will appear.
      2. Enter the Device ID of the device you want to activate.
      3. Click Next.
      4. Select a mobile device that you want the Online Authorization Code sent to by text message. This is an extra step to help protect you and your personal information.
      5. Click Text me the code. The authorization code will be sent to the mobile device you've chosen.
      6. Enter and re-enter the Online Authorization Code that was sent to the device in the required fields.
      7. Click Confirm.
  5. Click Next.
  6. If prompted, follow the steps for transferring your SIM Card.
  7. Click Next.
  8. If prompted, follow the steps to select a new plan and click Continue Activation.
  9. Follow the steps to back up your contacts, if you haven't already. Otherwise, click Next.
  10. Review your changes to make sure they're correct, and click Submit.

You've successfully activated the device.

Notes:

• These are instructions just for My Verizon. If you'd like more detailed activation instructions, enter "activate [device name]" (e.g., "activate G3") in the Search field on our website. Some of the first search results should be activation guides for the device title you entered.

• If you have problems activating a device, call Customer Service at (800) 922-0204.

• Visit our Prepaid Plan FAQs to learn how to activate a prepaid device.

• If you'd like to get a new device, refer to our Add a New Device FAQs.
0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The easiest thing for me is to have a nano SIM card and a nano-to-micro SIM card adapter.  Then whenever I want to switch phones, all I have to do is power off the old phone, pop the SIM card (after placing in the SIM card adapter, if needed) into the new phone, power it up, and I'm good to go.  If you run into issues activating the phone that way, you can drop back to the instructions posted elsewhere in this thread.

I found my SIM card adapter on Amazon; I'm sure a Google search would yield additional sources.

mama23dogs
Legend

I Need to pick one up.  My new spare phone has a nano sim....

0 Likes
jhu8
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I've heard about the adapters.  But this was just a random event of me going without my note 4.  As soon as I get it back tomorrow, the moto x is back on the shelf for good.  Just a nice spare phone. 

Seems the best bet is to just place the old micro sim into my note 4, and give verizon a call or chat and have them deactivate my current moto x's sim card.

0 Likes