Can I buy a phone from a third party to use on Verizon account?
sueguil
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can I buy an unlocked phone from an outside (not Verizon) source to use on Verizon account?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Can I buy a phone from outside (not Verizon) source to use on Verizon account
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Technically yes and no. You can buy any device you want, even if its not a supported Verizon device and use it on the network but your mileage may vary. You may not get updates and enhanced features. What phone are you considering?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Can I buy a phone from outside (not Verizon) source to use on Verizon account
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

These phones will work with the Verizon Wireless network.

Nexus 6P - Solid Metal Frame - Huawei - Nexus - Android Phones - Google Store

Nexus 5X - Fingerprint Scanner - LG - Nexus - Android Phones - Google Store

Moto X Pure Edition (2015) - Unlocked Smartphone - Motorola

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xFuZiion18

if you buy an unlocked device like from apple, which is what i did, it will work android device im not 100% sure on but my phone can be used on any carrier pretty much

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Technically yes and no. You can buy any device you want, even if its not a supported Verizon device and use it on the network but your mileage may vary. You may not get updates and enhanced features. What phone are you considering?

0 Likes