Can I avoid Marshmallow update?
TVMan802

It took 3 months and multiple factory resets to get my Galaxy S5 working properly after the awful lollipop update. The new marshmallow update just toasted my daughters Nexxus tablet and I don't want to deal with the pain on my phone.  Other than refusing daily, how can I prevent the update when it rolls out?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Can I avoid Marshmallow update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVMan802,

Oh my, software updates are intended to improve the functions on your devices.  It is alarming for us to hear that your daughter’s tablet is now no longer working. We would love to help get her device back up and running again.  With and all software updates they automatically pushed through to the devices and there is no way for the notifications to be stopped.  The only way to prevent the message is to either continue to ignore the message or complete the update.  I have personally completed the latest software on my S5 and have not come across any issues. What exactly are you experiencing with your daughters tablet? Provide additional insight to better assist with troubleshooting.  

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TVMan802

It is stuck on "optimizing your apps".

Can't finish booting. We have tried to restart in safe mode, but it won't allow that. Tried letting the battery drain, recharges and rebooted, still stuck in optimizing apps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVMan802, I appreciate you reaching back to us and our goal to get your device up and running. Let's work on getting your device off this mode and back to normal. Did you start to do the software update? Also, have you tried using our Software Upgrade Repair Assistant? http://vz.to/1ZeUSFS

GersonGsVZW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

X

TVMan802

Yes the software update began, and after 3 hours it was still "optimizing apps". It has not been possible to do anything else since then. I let it die, recharged it and still "optimizing apps" for two days now. Can't get into safe mode. All it let's me do is power down or power up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You cannot avoid the update.  You can continue to refuse until the update automatically installs itself.

0 Likes