Camera Error message
cctiller

Droid Maxx purchased 9-2013. Not sure of exact date camera issues started... the application would not load and the message being displayed was....  "Camera error" / "Please restart camera".   Aug 2014... after the second time visiting local Verizon store, I was told I would get a replacement (did not know it would be refurbished). Received replacement and sent my original phone back. It is now November and have been experiencing the same issues since I received the replacement phone. I have visited the Verizon store since I received the replacement phone and was told "an update "fix" is in the works" and to wait until the update is out and that should correct the camera issue. Took camera in today 11/13/2014.... the bottom line from Verizon is: cannot fix or replace because it is now out of warranty. It is out of warranty because I was told a "fix" was coming and was waiting on the "fix". So now I have a phone manufacturer that is not living up to their reputation and a wireless company that is also not living up to their reputation. It seems to be a Motorola problem, .... Why doesn't Verizon just make the consumer Happy/Satisfied and deal with their supplier and hold the supplier accountable?  Poor customer service... used to think customer was right, but I guess you need a warranty for that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Camera Error message
sgtsquinty

Same scenario here.  Last January (2015) my camera stopped working when we were in Indiana for my dad's funeral.  I took it to the Verizon store in Elkhart In near the Martins grocery store on Jackson Blvd.  They told me it was probably the update that caused the problem and uninstalled the update.  They had me turn the camera on and it worked we walked out of the store very happy that it was a simple fix.  We got into the car and I turned the camera on and....."Camera Error Please restart camera" message is the only thing that comes up when I activate the camera.  Back into the store we go and they monkey with it again ("did an update" OMG), get it working, have me use it a few times, to make sure it was functional.  We drive back to my mothers and walk in the door and she asks if they solved the problem and I say "yeah look" turn the camera on and guess what .......yep Camera error message is back.  So frustrated.  Waited until we got back to Florida and took it into the Verizon Store on University Ave. in Gainesville and the person who assisted us told me that there was one day left on my phone warranty and he recommended we just get a "new" phone.  We dumb me when he said "new", I assumed they really meant "new", not just "new to you but it used to be someone else's problem phone, and guess what, because it isn't really a new phone it does not have a full years warranty but only a 90 day one".  Gosh how stupid of me to think new meant new.  Well the 'new' phone comes and it works, for a while, then the problem starts again at the worse possible moment while we are traveling in Europe, where there aren't Verizon stores.  I got online and tried a few fixes that were listed there.  All of them worked, for a while and then the problem would just come back.  Last week I had had it when I went to take pictures of my grandson with is Halloween costume on and my camera did it's usual glitch thing.  So I called Verizon and was pretty much told (with glee in his voice) that I was pretty much fricked as the phone was out of warranty, and I said it couldn't be as I had it less that a year.  He said "No, you have a refurbished phone not a new phone and it only had a 90 day warranty on it"  I argued with him a bit and said "no the store rep told me I would be getting a "new" phone".  He laughed and said "did you really think Verizon was going to give you a brand new phone".  I asked for his supervisor and was put on hold forever and then lost the connection.  They did call me back and put me on hold again and eventually a service tech named April came on.  After telling her the problem (again) she said that it was Motorola's problem but she would try to help me.  I told her that since I didn't buy the phone from Motorola but from Verizon they would need to take it up with Motorola and make it right by me and they could deal with Motorola and needed to stop passing the buck and accept responsibility for distributing a faulty phone as I had been on several forums where the same problem was discussed at length from to many to count customers, At first she tried to talk me into doing a "free" upgrade so since the new droid maxx had a "much better camera on it".  I told her I was aware that Verizon never did anything for free, nor did they seem to be interested in doing anything the genuinely benefitted the customer and after that she had me do a bunch of stuff such as force stop the app, dump the chache and data, and disable it.  then hold the power button down along with the down volume button.  Then reinstall the app and then the camera worked.  Problem solved....right....no.  After I hung up and tried to turn the camera on again it was right back to the same error message.  That is where I am at right now.  If someone knows of another phone company that truly values the customer please let me know and I will switch.  Not really as we live in an area of Gilchrist county that only seems to receive Verizon.  So we really are Fricked.

0 Likes