Re: Caller numbers have added characters - ";rn=1817602"
TALONTRAX11
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is great information on a very aggrivating issue. I noticed that on my Galaxy S7 that the issue with the attached routing number is resolved with advanced calling switched off on the device however wifi calling is on. Cmon Verizon . . . fix this would ya !!!! Advanced calling/VoLte is a great feature that your customers deserve to be able to use. Lets get with it & fix this please !

0 Likes
Vehementi

So I'm getting this issue now on my note 9. The issue happens within my app "calls block list pro". The number calling is a person trying to reach someone who used to have this number. More then likely a collector as they are dumb and ignore my name on the recording. The number rn=+1636248 is shown after. Not sure why verizon is forwarding this info.

Someone linked https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4694#section-6

Not sure why verizon is sending us this info at the end of a number or why they dont fill the techs in on this. Having sold Verizon and ATT phones.. I'm not suprised by the right hand not knowing what the left is doing.

I'd suggest to everyone with this issue post on the verizon reddit sub. As you have phone owners, various verzion level employees and tech gurus in that sub. While on here it's limited to a very select group of tech help.

0 Likes
KenAndrews
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had to chuckle - I received a pushed message from Verizon suggesting I turn on HD Voice now that it is available for my device. Out of curiosity I called my cell from my Fios Digital Voice home phone with the HD Voice turned on. And yes the number reported contained the ";rn=xxxxxxx" string that we've all been complaining about.

The Verizon techs on this forum think the problem is with Samsung! What is quite clear if you read this entire thread it seems very clear that Verizon made a change in their software that added this extra string sometime early this year. So even if Verizon thinks they are following the specs is it OK to disable an important blocking feature in this day of numerous SPAM calls?  That's like the government saying we are only allowing Ethanol El5 when many cars including my two brand new cars cannot run on E15.  Note 9 is a reasonably new phone - our older phones have not been updated by Samsung since a year ago August. As Vehementi stated it is clear the techs on this forum are not able to communicate with the folks that create the software that puts out the extra information. Hopefully some day the word will get through.

0 Likes
Devo1987

i have a verizon note 5 as well but i get ;rn=+1435840 when my dad calls me  this is in 2019 11-25-2019

did you ever figure out the problem or does any one know ?

0 Likes
Devo1987

did you ever figure out the problem or does any one know  ?

0 Likes
Flatty50

What I would like to know is this... those numbers after the "rn=+" appear to be the beginning of an actual telephone number. It seems to be missing the last 4 digits of the phone number. So here are my questions:

Is that the beginning of the actual phone number?

If your software (verizon) is actually displaying the real digits of the caller's number and putting them after that RN number, how do we see those last four digits?

Instead of running away from the problem and putting more programming on the telephone that is already filled with programming, let's remove the problem in a proper manner by going after the people who are causing it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Flatty50, receiving calls that include added characters is a pain we don't want you to have and we want to fix this.

The way the numbers that call you show up on your Called ID can only be managed if you are adding the number as a contact. 

Do you have any apps to block unwanted calls or any apps to make calls on your phone? If so, please provide the names of the apps.

What is the make and model of the device that's being impacted?  

JacobV_VZW

0 Likes
oneRe: Caller numbers have added characters - ";rn=1817602"
TNTJohnson

*sigh* After reading this entire thread and seeing months of no Verizon support, one pops in and still doesn't have a clue. The issue is with the HD calling feature of older samsung models, which is a verizon software issue due to no updates in over a year. Is this a trick to get people to buy newer phones? More than likely.  But since I now know to switch off my HD calling it won't interfere with my DND and contacts will be able to get thru.  Thanks to all the other people on this thread and not Verizon support. 

0 Likes